Home

NBA 2K16 Review in Progress IGN

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Review in Progress IGN within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 03:44 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Review in Progress IGN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
The answer to both of you is that this is a storytelling issue, not just a game design issue. It's an interactive story, and how you approach that determines where the resources go. The key is understanding which story points and choices need resources to enhance the player experience, and which parts are "active imagination" elements for the player.

I'm not trying to drop credits or anything, but I've been a professional storyteller since the early 2000s, so I have a lot of experience in dealing with an audience in this way, and how structure, symbols and participation can get you the results necessary for what we're talking about.
Do you think that a post Lakers24 made a year or so ago (might be two years) would be perfect for MyCareer? With a selection of something like this?

Would storytelling be good enough for 4 different selection? Would there be enough time to incorporate this in it? Maybe this is a step in that direction?
Old 09-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

There is a lot of elite snobbery in this thread. In reality NBA 2k sells millions of copies to all type of people causal to hardcore. Reviews also cater to different types of people. Not all people care about free flow offense or shoes/headbands stats in year 3 of a franchise mode. Some people(causal) only care if its fun or better than last year.
IGN is not OS so they obviously aren't going to dive into all minutiae of sim basketball(which is fine by many in their audience). This should be obvious. So why all the outrage, hyperbole, and elitism?

Man the internet is kind of getting to me today. Why is nobody positive?

Sent from my Note 4

Last edited by killu4what; 09-23-2015 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:49 PM   #51
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

holy crap the player movement in this IGN video is amazing. is it possible for it to look even better than the previously released gameplay vids? it looks so smooth and realistic. 2k really took things to a new level this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 03:52 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Do you think that a post Lakers24 made a year or so ago (might be two years) would be perfect for MyCareer? With a selection of something like this?

Would storytelling be good enough for 4 different selection? Would there be enough time to incorporate this in it? Maybe this is a step in that direction?
I've been dreaming of this ever since he posted this.

I really want a career where I can play as a sixth man for a few years, if not my whole career.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:52 PM   #53
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24

That wasn't even about storytelling, that was about choosing where you wanted to start your player off from when it came to attributes, expectations, endorsements, etc. This predated HS and college but I'd take a similar approach to this selection system so everyone can "choose a path" and get the experience they want. (btw for those wondering, this would be entirely its own exclusive mode while Park/Blacktop would become one so as to not have overpowered created players right off the bat)
Old 09-23-2015, 03:52 PM   #54
MVP

RunN1st's Arena

OVR: 20
Thank you, IGN.
Old 09-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #55
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by killu4what
There is a lot of elite snobbery in this thread. In reality NBA 2k sells millions of copies to all type of people causal to hardcore. Reviews also cater to different types of people. Not all people care about free flow offense or shoes/headbands stats in year 3 of a franchise mode. Some people(causal) only care if its fun or better than last year.
IGN is not OS so they obviously aren't going to dive into all menusa of sim basketball(which is fine by many in their audience). This should be obvious. So why all the outrage, hyperbole, and elitism?

Man the internet is kind of getting to me today. Why is nobody positive?

Sent from my Note 4
The problem is the reviewer didn't even know the basics of what was new in the game from reading or watching the many video blogs NBA 2K16 has shown. Without knowing what's new how do you know what to look for in such a huge game?

Last edited by tsbmolina; 09-23-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 03:55 PM   #56
Pro

zrohman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Last year they gave 2k a 7.9 solely off of servers and didnt even mention the addition of freestyle offenses or anything.

I guess they checked trending buzzwords like cheese this time
When almost all of your game modes REQUIRE an online connection and your servers are that bad... It was very warranted, especially considering the servers the year before.

Not to mention even after everything got a little better, everything was still extremely laggy. I agree ign isn't always spot on but I agreed with last years review

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »