Home

2K Has The Rights To Grant Hill!

This is a discussion on 2K Has The Rights To Grant Hill! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 05:40 PM   #1
Rookie

AmGroot's Arena

OVR: 0
2K Has The Rights To Grant Hill!

The image above was posted on 2K's Twitter earlier today. It shows Mitchell & Ness uniforms of current 2K legends along with Ronnie's(?) MyCareer player and GRANT HILL! 2K could've easily placed Isiah Thomas' jersey in the Michigan region of the map but went with Grant Hill's instead. This indicates that Grant Hill may be in the game as a MyTeam exclusive or may be available just in the MyNBA2K16 app. Then again, it doesn't make any sense to have someone's jersey in the game without having their likeness make an appearance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Pro

Re: 2K Has The Rights To Grant Hill!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmGroot

The image above was posted on 2K's Twitter earlier today. It shows Mitchell & Ness uniforms of current 2K legends along with Ronnie's(?) MyCareer player and GRANT HILL! 2K could've easily placed Isiah Thomas' jersey in the Michigan region of the map but went with Grant Hill's instead. This indicates that Grant Hill may be in the game as a MyTeam exclusive or may be available just in the MyNBA2K16 app. Then again, it doesn't make any sense to have someone's jersey in the game without having their likeness make an appearance.

I'm actually puzzled by this. 2K could easily have created the 1997 pistons from all the players they already have in the game.

Joe Dumars
Aaron McKie
Lindsey Hunter
Rick Mahorn
Otis Thorpe
Kenny Smith

Assuming they already got Stacey Augmon on the 00 Blazers, you could port him over and that's 8 guys right there. You already have more real players on this team than you had for the 04 Pistons. You'd really be a terry mills and maybe a theo ratliff away from a full rotation....

Was it a great team? no, but they did with 54 games and grant hill was putting up lebron james numbers. They made the 2000 raptors pretty much just for vince carter, I don't see why they couldn't give prime grant hill (IMO a better player) a stage to play on.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
Rookie

Future Throwback Thursday player, I would guess.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:56 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 19

2K is trying to sell copies of the game w/ Classic teams, not create more work for themselves
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 09-23-2015, 08:07 PM   #5
NBA Ratings Wizard

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
2K could easily have created the 1997 pistons from all the players they already have in the game.
There's that word again, "easily". Man, there's four regular rotation players from that team that would need to be added. Some of the guys you mentioned barely played for that team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Very possible they only have the rights to his retro jersey for your MyPlayer.

It does have a Mitchell and Ness logo on it.

But, then again, every other player on there is playable in the game so who knows.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:29 PM   #7
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonicmage
There's that word again, "easily". Man, there's four regular rotation players from that team that would need to be added. Some of the guys you mentioned barely played for that team.

Dumars, hill, Hunter, Thorpe. 4 starters out of 5. Last I checked that's how many they had for the 04 Pistons.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #8
Rookie

syk_skillz's Arena

OVR: 6

He the #1 playr I've wanted added for MyTeam for the longest. I'm be super excited prime Hill is in the game. I'll do whatever possible to get his card almost. Hopefully won't be to expensive of a player to get if I don't pull him. Now we need Rasheed as been discussed for last several days and Stackhouse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »