Home

So you can buy wins in ranked PlayNow?

This is a discussion on So you can buy wins in ranked PlayNow? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 06:59 PM   #33
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: So you can buy wins in ranked PlayNow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I put out the feelers on Twitter to get some clarification. If this is what it looks like, people are going to find out just how unbiased the SimHangout really is, LMAO.

Let us know when you hear something...

I just can't fathom that being an option, lol

I pretty much play OH2H for personal glory...but this would be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard if it's what folks think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2015, 07:06 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

So they removed casual online H2H altogether then and only have this? I can't just go chill after work and casually run some h2hs online I need to stress about this?

If this is true it's honestly one of the worst things I've ever thought could be in a sports game it's almost a comical.

If true, I'm down to start a 'boycott until they remove ""buy wins""

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2015, 07:15 PM   #35
Pro

before we burn the house down let's actually confirm what that means. lol

but if it literally means "buy wins..." well burn away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 07:18 PM   #36
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

I rewatched the trailer it was on. Looks like the option was blocked off on the lower two tiers they showed and only available on the higher two tiers.

So you'll probably have to earn your way up there first. Then if you have some issues or what not you can "buy" the wins you'll need to keep your rank.

Probably cost you a certain amount of VC if you want to do it.

This is all still up in the air everyone. No need to get all riled up yet.

Edit:

Looks like each level you need a different amount of wins to reach the next level, but you only get a certain amount of games to win those.

Freshman: 5 wins, but you get 12 games to do it.
NBA/HOF: 8 wins, 10 games to do it.

After seeing all that, I can't imagine 2k would allow someone to just "buy" their way up the ranks.

Last edited by BA2929; 09-23-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #37
Rookie

iFnotWhyNoT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinsanityLives
So they removed casual online H2H altogether then and only have this? I can't just go chill after work and casually run some h2hs online I need to stress about this?

If this is true it's honestly one of the worst things I've ever thought could be in a sports game it's almost a comical.

If true, I'm down to start a 'boycott until they remove ""buy wins""

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Who says you cant treat it as a casual head to head? If your not into all that leaderboard stuff there's nobody who is watching and cares if you take it seriously or not.

I think its hilarious, and from what I'm guessing the "buy wins" could be to buy into a better league or stay there type of thing. It's not going to be like a person is down and instead of rage quitting they pause and choose "buy win" HAha that would be a mode breaker to say the least. So who cares if a dude buys into a league that you beat people to get too, you match up with him/her and if your better you should win.

I highly doubt they would add a feature that ONLY benefits the people who use it and hurts the ones who don't use it. Your probably not buying boosts, or taking PED'S and then going into a game, so at the end of the day whether your win or lose is up to how much cheese is still relevant or if your actually better on the sticks.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:35 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 6

I am psyched up for the rankings. This is exactly what I wanted...I think 2K is finally listening to us. I suggested not long ago that the lower teams need to be compensated for beating some of the best teams in the league or else every one online is just going to pick Lebron James and the Cavs or Warriors. So that's why in 2k15, you mostly keep playing the same team over and over again. The 3 tiers rankings and leagues are just what the doctor ordered.

Now, about the "Buy Wins" option. I don't know what to make of it. I guess there are two ways i can look at it.
1. 2K being greedy and want to make money?
2. A freebee win or surprise easy wins for the top ranked players once they faced these "buy wins" losers that probably ain't that good....that's why they need to buy themselves up the rankings. It's like a fish that doesn't cause any harm and once awhile you'll catch them and eat them and it's all good because it prepare you to fight the most dangerous fish in the water lol.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #39
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Once they're done with that Twitch stream, they'd better come in here and do some damage control.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:36 PM   #40
Pro

Yeah 2k is getting out of control and the bad part is the younger consumers don't even realize they're just grabbing as much cash as possible. It's like other games do it for guns and skins and even in game money. VC was cool but BUYING WINS is taking the greed to another level smh.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »