Home

So you can buy wins in ranked PlayNow?

This is a discussion on So you can buy wins in ranked PlayNow? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 09:28 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: So you can buy wins in ranked PlayNow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
I'm not a huge fan of microtransactions either...However, if they didn't have them they probably could not afford to sign more legends, they also might not be able to afford other brandings (socks) or other things..so do I like them? no...are they a necessary evil to keep pushing the game, yes. Buy away.
I hate when people post this stuff when they have no idea what they are talking about. I am sure you cant even tell me how many copies of nba 2k16 were sold let alone how much they made.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:28 PM   #58
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

I'm all for waiting to see what this means, but if you are at all interested in the competitive aspect of this game, you have to be all about protecting the integrity of competition. I play other competitive games and the people who work at the successful companies know damned well that buying wins and artificially narrowing the skill gap is insanity.

If this is something specific to how 2k rankings work and it's not about gaining an advantage, then cool. If this is about, in any context, purchasing a victory because you were unable to achieve one, then this calls for nothing less than a boycott of this mode until it is changed.

If you don't understand how purchasing wins is a bad thing, then that's fine. You don't understand competition and it's not your discussion.

Competitive Integrity. 2k, like all companies looking to do right by their competitive community, must be absolutely dedicated to it with no compromises.

We don't know exactly what it means, but "Buy Wins" are two words no competitor wants to see next to each other.

Yankees Joke Here.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:30 PM   #59
Rookie

NYCDaFuture's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzY4111

Oh boy

You see man this is that bs.. Yall see me being positive then they come wit Buy wins stuff like this is myteam?? 2k if you listening. Do not corrupt this mode with buying Wins. This is supposed to be about skills. You cant buy a championship ring, you have to earn it.

No way can I co-sign ppl buying wins to move up ranks. No way is that acceptable with the Online Nation. Over here we earn our way to the top. If ppl dont have the patience or skills to get better then do not play this mode!

https://Youtube.com/NYCDaFuture

https://www.tiktok.com/@nycthefuture

https://twitter.com/NYCDaFuture_

https://discord.gg/sqTtZpY
Old 09-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #60
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
I'm all for waiting to see what this means, but if you are at all interested in the competitive aspect of this game, you have to be all about protecting the integrity of competition. I play other competitive games and the people who work at the successful companies know damned well that buying wins and artificially narrowing the skill gap is insanity.

If this is something specific to how 2k rankings work and it's not about gaining an advantage, then cool. If this is about, in any context, purchasing a victory because you were unable to achieve one, then this calls for nothing less than a boycott of this mode until it is changed.

If you don't understand how purchasing wins is a bad thing, then that's fine. You don't understand competition and it's not your discussion.

Competitive Integrity. 2k, like all companies looking to do right by their competitive community, must be absolutely dedicated to it with no compromises.

We don't know exactly what it means, but "Buy Wins" are two words no competitor wants to see next to each other.

Yankees Joke Here.
I nominate you as a leader of the movement to boycott/rid this feature IF TRUE TO NAME..

I already signed on as in for a boycott. Necessary

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-23-2015, 09:51 PM   #61
Rookie

myathebee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzY4111
What the hell....

I don't know what to say.....I hope it's a photoshop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 09:57 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:

Yankees Joke Here.
I totally understand. I'm still hoping this supposed feature isn't as it seems and is taken out of context, but if it is possible to increase your rank and gain more wins by just spending money, it would absolutely be detrimental to the pure competitive aspect of the mode.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 PM   #63
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Quote:

Yankees Joke Here.
Where we rallying at boys? I'm in.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:04 PM   #64
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K15 PC
I hate when people post this stuff when they have no idea what they are talking about. I am sure you cant even tell me how many copies of nba 2k16 were sold let alone how much they made.
for real

how would they even come to that conclusion?

NBA 2k15 was a top 10 selling game from the time it released until it dropped of the list in July

most of the legends teams they added consisted of people already in the game

2k claims they took out the cheese.....yet they are adding the worst cheese of all.....buying wins!

hope it is taken out of context, but nothing else seems to make sense
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »