Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Twitch Stream: Ronnie2K vs. LD2K - (Updated with Notes)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Twitch Stream: Ronnie2K vs. LD2K - (Updated with Notes) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 06:13 AM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Twitch Stream: Ronnie2K vs. LD2K - (Updated with Notes)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
I didn't like the pace of the game, way too fast again...

I can see the same 2k legacy issues, too easy and too rewarding to run, that's how Ronnie won the game in fact, you don't need Basketball strategy to win in this series, you just have to up your pace and take advantage of the deficient defensive balance...

Cheers!
Bad offense should lead to easy baskets. That's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with the player. That's how actual basketball works. Bad offense leads to easy fast breaks.

If you're looking for a game where you can chuck up a bad shot with 2 on the shot clock and not expect to get the ball run down your throat, you need to check yourself before blaming the game.

Preventing fast breaks is about what you do on offense, not what you do on defense. Learning the difference between a good shot and a bad one puts your defense in better position to get back on D in the event of a miss.

Last edited by Kstat; 09-24-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:15 AM   #50
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
Bad offense should lead to easy baskets. That's not a problem with the game, it's a problem with the player. That's how actual basketball works. Bad offense leads to easy fast breaks.

If you're looking for a game where you can chuck up a bad shot with 2 on the shot clock and not expect to get the ball run down your throat, you need to check yourself before blaming the game.
Yes, you are right, I know basketball, but the problem with 2k is that fast breaks are too easy... period! Ronnie just had to up the pace and could score at will.

Defensive balance in transition has been a big issue with this game since I can remenber... and still there... I mean, it is not enough balanced.

First thing I will do when I will play tonight is to change the POE to prime the defense over the offensive rebounding and will see what happen. Last year it did not make too much of a difference. If I am wrong, and it really counts with this 2k16, I will let you know... ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 09-24-2015 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:16 AM   #51
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
But it was user vs user lol if the user didn't set up a play then what you're talking about can't happen .

Most of time from my experience users just go ISO or pick and roll for a last shot . Even the occasional alley oop from the inbound
It looked just like 2k15 for a last seconds, do or die shot treated as nothing special, regular possession...how about a little section in the time out menus for those last second shot plays...every team has them and practices them.

Of course people just go ISO/pick 'n' roll/oop...that's all they're limited to, out of bounds plays don't work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 06:19 AM   #52
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Yes, you are right, I know basketball, but the problem with 2k is that fast breaks are too easy... period! Ronnie just had to up the pace and could score at will.

Defensive balance in transition has been a big issue with this game since I can remenber... and still there... I mean, it is not enough balanced. ;-)
Not saying transition D isn't a legacy problem for 2K, but that game did nothing to prove it exists in 2K16. LD2K took nothing but horrible shots the entire game. A better player would have run him out of the gym by 30 points and he would have deserved it.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:22 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
Not saying transition D isn't a legacy problem for 2K, but that game did nothing to prove it exists in 2K16. LD2K took nothing but horrible shots the entire game. A better player would have run him out of the gym by 30 points and he would have deserved it.
It didn't prove the opposite either, so I can not get away from the impression that the issue is still there...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 09-24-2015, 06:35 AM   #54
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

I view these streams (LD vs Ronnie) as the "IGN Review" of streams haha.... take some cosmetic stuff from it but don't over analyse it.

Should've pitted Big Czar vs OG

Offense vs Defense!

That I would've taken a 90 minute lunch break for...... haha.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:52 AM   #55
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
It looked just like 2k15 for a last seconds, do or die shot treated as nothing special, regular possession...how about a little section in the time out menus for those last second shot plays...every team has them and practices them.

Of course people just go ISO/pick 'n' roll/oop...that's all they're limited to, out of bounds plays don't work.

I don't think they don't work people just don't care to use them . I know I don't lol all you need is for you to manually use someone to get open when inbounding and the rest is up to you .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 07:36 AM   #56
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

Quote:
I don't think they don't work people just don't care to use them . I know I don't lol
I tried using out of bounds plays...i'm telling you they don't work.

Quote:
all you need is for you to manually use someone to get open when inbounding and the rest is up to you .
I'm not complaining about the difficulty, I know how it currently works, my complaint is that it isn't realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »