Home

Article on Ratings and BEDs Interview

This is a discussion on Article on Ratings and BEDs Interview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 04:41 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Article on Ratings and BEDs Interview

Good read. I wish the article was condensed and there was Q&A at the end.

How was it getting acclimated?

Time dedicated per player?

Etc.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:25 PM   #18
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Great article and I love the direction they are going.

I will say though, that I am kind of concerned that there may be some unintended consequence in mycareer. Whether it is progression or AI roster building. Hopefully the new ratings are accounted for, as several players with an OVR around 80 or even slightly lower got max deals last offseason. Will the CPU controlled GMs be able to adjust to the new system?
Old 09-24-2015, 05:49 PM   #19
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Great interview, so much info.
Old 09-24-2015, 06:00 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

As the poster above alluded to I hope this logic to this new ratings system was applyed to the cpu generated rookies in mycareer in the other modes obvisously we can import our own to limit the impact
Old 09-24-2015, 06:46 PM   #21
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

-.- Come on Man, I like the HOF scale but please start doing better research into defense and having it accurately displayed in ratings. I'm a bucks fan and the bucks had the 2nd best defense last year and then I'm re-watching LD2k and Ronnie play and as their choosing teams see the Bucks ranked 20th defensively. Completely inexcusable and basically kills my desire to play online with them. If they were ranked like 5th in the game with some of the changes to roster than ok but 20th? come on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot (13).jpg (146.1 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by cbpo; 09-24-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 06:49 PM   #22
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

Great find, great read. I suggest anyone who is on the fence about this game because they don't like a non-sim game style to read this now! I already pre-ordered days ago (currently re-downloading), but this article like the icing on the cake.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:09 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo
-.- Come on Man, I like the HOF scale but please start doing better research into defense and having it accurately displayed in ratings. I'm a bucks fan and the bucks had the 2nd best defense last year and then I'm re-watching LD2k and Ronnie play and as their choosing teams see the Bucks ranked 20th defensively. Completely inexcusable and basically kills my desire to play online with them. If they were ranked like 5th in the game with some of the changes to roster than ok but 20th? come on
To be somewhat fair, Jabari Parker and Greg Monroe are the starting PF/C this coming season. But those two players aren't why they have a 20th ranking in the game.

Seeing something like the above graphic BURNS me from the inside. As a fan of the NBA it is highly disappointing. For 13 years now I've been editing ratings and rosters. 2K has increased their commitment in this area ten-fold over the last few years... but for whatever reason keeping pace with 30-teams and 400-players just continues to be too much for them.

EDIT: The above is not intended to be a jealous, rage-induced attack upon any 2K Sports employee. Merely an observation that you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet. Product marketing and reality are two different things, as evidenced.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 09-24-2015 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:15 PM   #24
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
To be somewhat fair, Jabari Parker and Greg Monroe are the starting PF/C this coming season. But those two players aren't why they have a 20th ranking in the game.

Seeing something like the above graphic BURNS me from the inside. As a fan of the NBA it is highly disappointing. For 13 years now I've been editing ratings and rosters. 2K has increased their commitment in this area ten-fold over the last few years... but for whatever reason keeping pace with 30-teams and 400-players just continues to be too much for them.
Yeah but they're replacing Ilyasova and Pachulia lol. Pachulia is actually a good defender but Ersan is pretty terrible. Definitely not going to be the reason why they're worse. Ironically My other favorite team is detroit and monroe isnt as bad as defender as people think.

But yeah still extremely disappointing 2nd to 20th is inexcusable IMO. I already had fear of this as in the player ratings video I noticed Middleton's perimeter D being a C+ despite him being a top 3 wing defender last year. Meanwhile Kobe had a B in perimeter D smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »