Home

My Career Rookie Season is Eight Games

This is a discussion on My Career Rookie Season is Eight Games within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 04:20 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: My Career Rookie Season is Eight Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
I wouldn't call predetermining an entire year of your guy's rookie season a small sacrifice. I'm fine with all the story driven stuff before the NBA and all the cutscenes in between, but isn't the core of this mode is supposed to be, at the end of the day, YOU creating a character and playing in the NBA? Taking basically the entire rookie season, one of the most important of any pro, out of the player's control is a huge deal imo.

Yes. It's one of the most important seasons in establishing your identity and there's so much to work to and fight for. How do we Be The Story when that's essentially taken away from us?
Old 09-24-2015, 04:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Yes. It's one of the most important seasons in establishing your identity and there's so much to work to and fight for. How do we Be The Story when that's essentially taken away from us?
Yeah, as I said in the other thread that mentioned this...I'll deal, but not ideal at all. I mean your stats in 8 games seem meaningless to me when there are 74 you cannot account for. So 90.3% of the games you are not playing in year 1.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:46 PM   #19
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm really wondering how it's going to determine how my player plays in those games that we don't get to participate in. Will it average my score in my first game until I play my 2nd? Will it then average my score in my 1st and 2nd game until I play my 3rd? I mean how is that suppose to work.
Old 09-24-2015, 04:58 PM   #20
MVP

My Career Rookie Season is Eight Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcats302
Yeah, as I said in the other thread that mentioned this...I'll deal, but not ideal at all. I mean your stats in 8 games seem meaningless to me when there are 74 you cannot account for. So 90.3% of the games you are not playing in year 1.

And what about playoffs? Guessing they're forcing your team to miss playoffs then? Going to be fun getting drafted by GSW, Cleveland, or the Spurs and seeing them inexplicably tank. Because Be The Story?
Old 09-24-2015, 05:00 PM   #21
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Man this is a huge spoiler I've been avoiding mycareer stuff like the plague
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 05:04 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Well you could always drop Wilt like numbers in those 8 games and have 100pt and 50 rebounds in each of those games.
That gives you a season avg of 9.76 and 4.87 rebounds a game + whatever the game sims out of those other 74 games lol
Old 09-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #23
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
I wouldn't call predetermining an entire year of your guy's rookie season a small sacrifice. I'm fine with all the story driven stuff before the NBA and all the cutscenes in between, but isn't the core of this mode is supposed to be, at the end of the day, YOU creating a character and playing in the NBA? Taking basically the entire rookie season, one of the most important of any pro, out of the player's control is a huge deal imo.
I said for this year. I don't like it anymore than you do but I understand that's a necessary evil to complete Spike's story. It's the same thing NBA 06-09 The Life used to do so it's not unprecedented. There's no way for a true story to work based around an entire career, I'm just glad it isn't simulating a years at a time making us only play games central to the narrative until we retire.
Anyways like I said, I think they need to abandon full on stories and just leave it at cutscenes for offseason stuff, awards, TV appearances, press conferences, etc.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:09 PM   #24
MVP

I don't get why people wouldn't want to hear this before playing. You'd rather just play 8 games and be pissed off then? Thanks for the heads up man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »