Home

Paul George starting PF ?

This is a discussion on Paul George starting PF ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0
Paul George starting PF ?

@basketballtalk: Paul George likely starting power forward for Pacers http://t.co/EbeMfdp8dV

Honestly I think he's going to get babied
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #2
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Paul George starting PF ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
@basketballtalk: Paul George likely starting power forward for Pacers http://t.co/EbeMfdp8dV

Honestly I think he's going to get babied

Curious what you mean by getting babied?, by the Pacers or buy the Refs?

Personally I don't see neither, or from a refs standpoint he wont get treated any different than what stars typically do for any team in the league, they all get babied to some degree now days, and have really since MJ started getting that treatment in the 90's.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #3
Banned

Man hat will be interesting on the pick and roll if George ends up covering the guard.

I'm guessing the idea is most 4s will be too slow to guard him and they'll force opponents to go small.

Small ball isnt going anywhere. Not after the recent finals.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Larry Legend laid down the law regarding that move this summer and pretty much said as an employee PG13 doesn't have a choice in the matter lol.
Old 09-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
Curious what you mean by getting babied?, by the Pacers or buy the Refs?

Personally I don't see neither, or from a refs standpoint he wont get treated any different than what stars typically do for any team in the league, they all get babied to some degree now days, and have really since MJ started getting that treatment in the 90's.

Babied as in in the physicality with other starting PF's on defense . Offensively he should have the clear advantage on the outside .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 05:24 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Larry Legend laid down the law regarding that move this summer and pretty much said as an employee PG13 doesn't have a choice in the matter lol.

Yeah I remember that PG wasn't or didn't seem all too thrilled about it, an when brought to Larry's attention he said he didn't have a choice,lol. That's why I love Larry, he keeps it short and sweet and straight forward.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-24-2015, 05:28 PM   #7
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyOvaHuds
Babied as in in the physicality with other starting PF's on defense . Offensively he should have the clear advantage on the outside .

Cant see opposing players taking it easier on him, if anything they probably go harder at him thinking they have the advantage with their strength to his quickness. If that's what you mean by it. I did hear PG was bulking up some to get ready to play the 4.

I see him playing PF some but not sure I see the Pacers going small most of the time. From a Defense standpoint as of now anyway I still believe our strength will be with the bigger lineup. Will probably depend on how some of the young bigs develop as to how we play most of the time.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-24-2015, 05:35 PM   #8
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

Lol getting Babied is another term of saying someone is getting abused on one side of the ball . I'm saying bigger PF's will take advantage of him in the paint .

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »