Home

Players Too big on the court

This is a discussion on Players Too big on the court within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 06:59 PM   #25
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Players Too big on the court

I think it is an aspect/FOV thing. The sizes of the players look ok but look at the angles.

The positioning is close (You can draw a line from the right should to the first separation stripe on the left side. But look at the angle of the freethrow line and baseline. In the game video they appear to be more to the left. Some kind of visual warping effect versus actual game footage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 07:02 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip4ever
I think it is an aspect/FOV thing
Yes.

The fact that people think in 2015 developers wouldn't be making the court and players the correct size is... utterly SHOCKING to me. It's probably the easiest possible thing to do. It all uses the same units and it's all correct.

Any discrepency that exists is in variables related to the camera itself.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:07 PM   #27
Rookie

idk dude, I think 2K has it pretty good as it is. I would like players to more proportionate overall. Like just because Anthony Davis is 6'10 and Andre Drummond is around that same height, they shouldn't be the same girth, but 2K has it that way. And they need to make Dwight's head smaller!

And yeah, echoing what others said, for some reason watching a game on TV makes you think these guys are little. Whenever I sit courtside at Rockets games I'm just think like how doesn't Dwight Howard or Deandre Jordan f'ing slam it every time, these centers don't even have to jump and they are so close to the basket.

Also the length of the court in person seems puny in comparison to on TV, its really weird, I think the players make it look small in person.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:13 PM   #28
MVP

The only thing too big about some of the players are their legs lol (see Kobe Bryant). 2K has it right as far as player/court ratio. You have to go to a real game as I've said many times any time someone brings up this subject. TV makes players look small & the court look big. It's the same with the NFL.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #29
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
The only thing too big about some of the players are their legs lol (see Kobe Bryant). 2K has it right as far as player/court ratio. You have to go to a real game as I've said many times any time someone brings up this subject. TV makes players look small & the court look big. It's the same with the NFL.
As I alluded to in my previous post, I honestly have no real concrete clue. Sometimes it looks like the players are too big; other times, they look simply ginormous, and other times it looks like the players are just right.

Having said that, playing devil's advocate, even if TV actually makes the players look small & the court look big, aren't we trying to replicate the TV broadcast experience when we play using the broadcast camera? If TV makes players appear smaller, shouldn't 2k then also conform and make the players smaller or essentially what we see on TV?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-24-2015, 07:23 PM   #30
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
As I alluded to in my previous post, I honestly have no real concrete clue. Sometimes it looks like the players are too big; other times, they look simply ginormous, and other times it looks like the players are just right.

Having said that, playing devil's advocate, even if TV actually makes the players look small & the court look big, aren't we trying to replicate the TV broadcast experience when we play using the broadcast camera? If TV makes players appear smaller, shouldn't 2k then also conform and make the players smaller or essentially what we see on TV?
My thoughts exactly.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #31
MVP

tsbmolina's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
I think it's the legs that's throwing you guys off. Some of them look a wee bit thick.
For all you cankle fetish peeps, lol. Sorry to report they look all but gone to me. Time to get a different fetish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XxcDX.jpg (46.2 KB, 166 views)
File Type: png sdsdS.PNG (385.3 KB, 168 views)
File Type: jpg hgfdhgdfhdfh.jpg (55.0 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg xsddsad.jpg (37.7 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg afcaf.jpg (39.4 KB, 156 views)

Last edited by tsbmolina; 09-24-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2015, 07:29 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 8

Looks 1:1 to me. Maybe I need my eyes checked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »