Home

GameStop finalization?

This is a discussion on GameStop finalization? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2015, 10:00 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: GameStop finalization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
That's probably what I will do unless there is just a ton of people at it then Ill have not much choice but to stand or wait forever, unless I can get my wife to stand in line for me, but kjnd of hate to do that since Im dragging here out this late to drive me there. Thought about telling them my situation but hate to ask for any favors, nor do they owe me that, as Im sure the employees arnt thrilled with being there this late either.
Lol they are getting pad to be there. And we pay for it. It'll all work out for you sir. Enjoy the game and don't worry about the GameStop goons.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #18
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HozAndMoose
The finalization just makes things go faster You basically complete your order before they actually sell it so you can just show them your receipt and get handed the game when its time. The people that do that get to go ahead of everyone else. Those who dont finalize before hand just have to wait in line.

In past times at the gamestop I go to I have always paid in full ahead a few days in advance and was able to just get in line and go about 10 minutes before they hand out. This is the 1st time they have told me to come in a good hour before to finalize then have to wait.

I wonder if they are expecting a bigger crowd this time around and why they are doing it this way. I have probably been doing this for 3 or 4 years now for both NBA2k and MLBTS and this is a 1st. In the past they said just be here a little early to get in line is all.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-24-2015, 10:03 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 8

My Gamestop told me to come by and finalize no later than 20 til 11 CT (12 est)...and also told me they will be around/open til a little after midnight CT. I'm not sure if it is similar everywhere, but the guys who don't wanna be in line due to health issues (sorry to hear about those btw guys. I hurt my foot temporarily and it was a pain in the behind to walk/stand do anything for about 2 weeks. I can only imagine having it all the time) could go by earlier and get their ticket and then just come by later...I'd say 15mins after it starts selling the lines will be gone.

I may do that myself if there is a lengthy line as I have some errands to run.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:05 PM   #20
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddot27
Lol they are getting pad to be there. And we pay for it. It'll all work out for you sir. Enjoy the game and don't worry about the GameStop goons.

Where I go they tend to be nice guys always, never had any of them feel they had power being they worked there. I have heard other gamestops can have some real pricks to deal with, but been lucky where I go that they are typically good guys, sometimes you will get a clueless sprts guy that don't know squat about sports when you go to ask about something in a game, but other than that they are usually cool guys.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-24-2015, 10:28 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

Pick mine up at 11pm in springfield,mo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 12:09 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your health, I have ankylosing spondylitis and major back issues as well, that's why I hope not to stand in line too long our I might have to be carried out,lol.

I went digital a couple years ago on the PS3 with MLBTS and a NBA2k game and I didn't have any issues other than it does take a hwile to download. Would have thought the new consoles it would be improved, but its not, and what is even crazier is buying the disc and still having to wait a long time for it to DL. I went with the disc mainly incase my PS4 takes dump and I need a new 1, as Im not sure if I would have to buy it all over again or not, and just to have something to trade in to knock the price down some on next years game, but after only getting 5$ for trade in this year I might just go with digital from now on after all, as 5$ off really isn't enough to worry about considering I have to go out and drag my wife with me to drive e ach year just to get the game. I only buy 2 games anyway, NBA2k and MLBTS each year, as Madden usually isn't worth buying, or not every year anyway if ever,lol.
Im sorry to hear that man! Best wishes to you and yours man! Keep your head up! Enjoy the game brother!

Sent from my LGLK430 using Tapatalk

PS4 Fifa 15 USA FUT Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 Madden 15 Indianapolis Colts MUT Raw Dawgs

PS4 MLB The Show 14 Chicago Cubs

PS4 NBA 2k15 Indiana Pacers MyTEAM Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 NBA Live 15 Indiana Pacers LUT Indy Lazer Cats
Old 09-25-2015, 12:49 AM   #23
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer miller31
Im sorry to hear that man! Best wishes to you and yours man! Keep your head up! Enjoy the game brother!

Thanks, same to you, and hope you get better. Got lucky and the guy remembered me because of being a Reds fan, pretty much all I wear is either Reds or Pacers t-shirts and sweatshirts,lol. He is also a lifelong Reds fan, so he was cool about not having to stand in line.

Unfortunately though I ran into a guy that goes to Valpo and started talking Valpo basketball with as I use to have season tickets till my health got to where I couldn't sit in the seats anylonger, but with all returning starters from last years team that made the NCAA tourney, they could be a Cinderella come March this season. So I ended up standing longer than I should have and now Im going to pay for it, oh well, it was worth it. Now DL the game at says 9 freaking hours, crazy that now days a dics copy takes as long as a digital copy to play the game.

Favorite teams:
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-25-2015, 04:11 AM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Thanks, same to you, and hope you get better. Got lucky and the guy remembered me because of being a Reds fan, pretty much all I wear is either Reds or Pacers t-shirts and sweatshirts,lol. He is also a lifelong Reds fan, so he was cool about not having to stand in line.

Unfortunately though I ran into a guy that goes to Valpo and started talking Valpo basketball with as I use to have season tickets till my health got to where I couldn't sit in the seats anylonger, but with all returning starters from last years team that made the NCAA tourney, they could be a Cinderella come March this season. So I ended up standing longer than I should have and now Im going to pay for it, oh well, it was worth it. Now DL the game at says 9 freaking hours, crazy that now days a dics copy takes as long as a digital copy to play the game.
Holy crap thats insane! Thats great you got to pick it up!Maybe it wont take AS long for you to be able to play. Thats cool man! Yeah i always cheer for valpo come tourny time very excited for basketball season to be upon us! But i cant believe its fall already...where does the time go i swear!

PS4 Fifa 15 USA FUT Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 Madden 15 Indianapolis Colts MUT Raw Dawgs

PS4 MLB The Show 14 Chicago Cubs

PS4 NBA 2k15 Indiana Pacers MyTEAM Indy Lazer Cats

PS4 NBA Live 15 Indiana Pacers LUT Indy Lazer Cats

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »