Home

Relocate team question?

This is a discussion on Relocate team question? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Relocate team question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayln
Have you found the answer to this??? I am having a difficult time moving the Kings to Seattle. I don't have much money to work with, can someone help???
I still don't know exactly. I decided just to start over and see if I can make year 1 go better because I dug myself a hole that probably wasn't worth getting out of. I'm just going to try to win as much as possible and meet all the goals the owner gives and see what happens.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:15 AM   #10
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

The devs said you need to do what the owner asks so you can have more money for relocating.

1. Fill up the arena with state of the art stuff (it's a new arena anyway and any team building an arena in this decade is going to have top notch everything - See Nets and Barclays Center, kings, and Bucks)

2. It's harder to take a large market team into a small market. Think Chicago to VA, a California team to Kansas City.

3. It's hard to move into someone elses market. Seattle or Vancouver is encroaching on Portland's market. Expect a no vote there.

4. It's easier to move OUT of a crowded market. Want to move out of New York or L.A? Expect yes votes from teams like Boston, Philly, DC, LA, GSW, SAC, etc.

So basically -- try not to encroach on a crowded market, move from large to small market, make a cheap small arena, or move before you have enough financial help from the owner (via completing goals regardless of how bad they are for your team winning wise).

This is info Leftos gave in a podcast he did back in August.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:41 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
The devs said you need to do what the owner asks so you can have more money for relocating.

1. Fill up the arena with state of the art stuff (it's a new arena anyway and any team building an arena in this decade is going to have top notch everything - See Nets and Barclays Center, kings, and Bucks)

2. It's harder to take a large market team into a small market. Think Chicago to VA, a California team to Kansas City.

3. It's hard to move into someone elses market. Seattle or Vancouver is encroaching on Portland's market. Expect a no vote there.

4. It's easier to move OUT of a crowded market. Want to move out of New York or L.A? Expect yes votes from teams like Boston, Philly, DC, LA, GSW, SAC, etc.

So basically -- try not to encroach on a crowded market, move from large to small market, make a cheap small arena, or move before you have enough financial help from the owner (via completing goals regardless of how bad they are for your team winning wise).

This is info Leftos gave in a podcast he did back in August.
That's informative. Even though it's from California, I would think Sac to KC is a pretty feasible/realistic type of move. I just need to get the extra money for the upgrades I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 12:13 PM   #12
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK11
That's informative. Even though it's from California, I would think Sac to KC is a pretty feasible/realistic type of move. I just need to get the extra money for the upgrades I guess.
Yea I mean it's not unreasonable. But you can look at the fan interest, population in Sactown and compare it with what it is in KC. That will tell you how dramatic a backwards market move it is.

I didn't check those 2 cities yet myself personally so I'm not sure the numbers.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:18 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I tried to relocate the Kings to Seattle in year one but only had somewhere in the range of 6.7 million. What would you recommend me spending the money on to sway the other owners. Maybe I'm missing something but 6.7 million can't really buy me much..... Any recmmendations???? I thought a move from Sacramento to Settle would be pretty simple but I guess I missing something.... Any suggestions???
Old 09-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #14
MVP

Insight23's Arena

Same here I got denied on my first go run trying to move to Seattle. Does downtown or suburbs make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 12:49 PM   #15
Rookie

DaveFerret's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajoyner41
I tried to move the bulls to Richmond, VA. Money obviously wasn't an issue. To, me Richmond is one of the best spots for a sports team. The nearest major professional sports team is hd the redskins which are 6 hours away. However it is nearly impossible to move there. I don't know what to do.

6 hours away lol? are you bicycling there?
and technically the wizards and caps are closer cuz they actually play in dc, not over in MD
RVA is great little city but, too small a market for a major league sports team though

Last edited by DaveFerret; 09-27-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 12:52 PM   #16
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Same here I got denied on my first go run trying to move to Seattle. Does downtown or suburbs make a difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From my understanding of it, if you do the suburbs you're arena and it's costs will be smaller; however, fan attendance will be less, meaning that over the long-term you'll get less profit from that arena.

If you do downtown, operating costs will be higher (meaning you need more money to build it as opposed to less in the suburbs), but fan attendance will be higher as well, which means you'll turn a profit sooner and make more money.

I think, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »