Home

2k16 dribbling

This is a discussion on 2k16 dribbling within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 05:13 PM   #1
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
2k16 dribbling

Anyone have any tips on how to dribble past guys? I don't need help with the actual moves just need to know how to launch past a defender, seems Like I keep getting sucked into bump animations even when I get a big guarding my point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Re: 2k16 dribbling

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid
Anyone have any tips on how to dribble past guys? I don't need help with the actual moves just need to know how to launch past a defender, seems Like I keep getting sucked into bump animations even when I get a big guarding my point.
came here to post the same thing

seems no matter what I do the defender looks at me like I'm an idiot and bumps me

playing on superstar/sim and seems borderline impossible for me to create any sort of space in an iso situation

lowered the difficulty and felt like it didn't change anything in regards to ball handling for me

still beating teams on either difficulty but it's strictly with passing/post ups in the half court....anytime I shoot with a defender anywhere near me it's a C- or worse shot whether the defender has his hands up or not
Old 09-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

I could use some advice on breaking down a defender as well. I went to the tutorial and it recommended using one of your signature sizeuos and branch moves from that..

I am having a difficult time trying to do this
Old 09-25-2015, 05:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
came here to post the same thing

seems no matter what I do the defender looks at me like I'm an idiot and bumps me

playing on superstar/sim and seems borderline impossible for me to create any sort of space in an iso situation

lowered the difficulty and felt like it didn't change anything in regards to ball handling for me

still beating teams on either difficulty but it's strictly with passing/post ups in the half court....anytime I shoot with a defender anywhere near me it's a C- or worse shot whether the defender has his hands up or not
Is your base salary doubling after the game? Mine doesn't double, I tried HOF and superstar. Gets same amount as rookie even though it says 2.0 or 1.5.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:50 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Hmmm don't know if this would help but I had Anthony Davis on me from a switch up and I was able to drive by him by using size up moves.

For those that don't know hold down R2 + R stick

From there just read on how the big will react and just drive by him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 05:51 PM   #6
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

I thought it was just me. Been in Blacktop 1v1(HOF/sim difficulty) trying to beat Chris Paul with Kemba Walker for an hour and it's just not happening. Closest I got was being up 20 to 17 then Paul started bumping me out of every move...I lost 27-25

My step back, crossover, and behind the back dribble moves aren't even registering and then I get bumped and have to start over again. A lot of times when I try to do a basic size up cross Kemba does this extra little in and out dribble(in place of course) and that just kills any momentum to the basket I had.

I know this is my second sit down with the game, but it really just seems like I have a lack of control just trying to do simple moves and then when they don't come out, I get bumped to hell.

Oh, and I think the AI is reading my stick inputs because before my move even comes out, if it comes out, Paul was already in position to cut me off lol.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:03 PM   #7
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
I thought it was just me. Been in Blacktop 1v1(HOF/sim difficulty) trying to beat Chris Paul with Kemba Walker for an hour and it's just not happening. Closest I got was being up 20 to 17 then Paul started bumping me out of every move...I lost 27-25

My step back, crossover, and behind the back dribble moves aren't even registering and then I get bumped and have to start over again. A lot of times when I try to do a basic size up cross Kemba does this extra little in and out dribble(in place of course) and that just kills any momentum to the basket I had.

I know this is my second sit down with the game, but it really just seems like I have a lack of control just trying to do simple moves and then when they don't come out, I get bumped to hell.

Oh, and I think the AI is reading my stick inputs because before my move even comes out, if it comes out, Paul was already in position to cut me off lol.
Yea I'm not saying it's broken or crying bc it's too hard lol. I'm just looking for any tips that can possibly help. I start a size up and even can do an extra dribble move or 2 after to get the defender leaning but as soon as I try to launch by him I get bumped back. I've tried using CP3, Kyle Lowry, and DRose to no avail.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #8
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Hmmm don't know if this would help but I had Anthony Davis on me from a switch up and I was able to drive by him by using size up moves.

For those that don't know hold down R2 + R stick

From there just read on how the big will react and just drive by him.
The problem Im having is the drive part after reading the defender. I'll get a defender to lean or step to his left but as soon as I try to go right he's able to get back and bump me. Are you holding sprint or just tapping it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »