Home

How has your online experience been in NBA 2k16?

This is a discussion on How has your online experience been in NBA 2k16? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 06:51 AM   #49
Rookie

Solidarity Legend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How has your online experience been in NBA 2k16?

Park=Biggest Lag ever.

PRO AM: I cant play, the game dont let me play.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:01 AM   #50
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

I'm not sure about everyone else but I've been playing park all day with very minimal lag. Pro am seems broke rn but park is playing fine.
I also played a online MyLeague game with my brother which worked fine.
Old 09-27-2015, 07:26 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
I don't even bother with the MyPlayer online game modes. PlayNow is nice, I just hope they nerf AI onball defence online to promote being the onball defender

The AI defence is far better than what any user can do, and when you start playing people that catch on to that and refuse to guard whoever has the ball (aka letting the game play for them) the game gets frustrating.

I'm 7-1 right now with the Raptors so no sour grapes, but god damn the one game I lost was mad annoying because of the offball bs.
This!!!!!! Although I would question how they would reward user on ball defenders, I need this to happen. I'm 12 and 1 online all using Knicks and since they are lower tier I do a lot of work user wise to win game but against the Spurs for example the guy just literally ran away from whoever had the ball and let the computer play defense. This is crazy annoying especially when you play on ball the whole game you figure there would be some kind of respect thing lol but yea the Spurs defenders were too good for my lowly Knicks. Not only that he played his starters the wholeeeee game lmao
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 09:34 AM   #52
Rookie

The Football passes are officially BACK!!!! Sadly, no matter how you put your defense emphasis and sliders, your team won't never be back in time to protect the paint, as your opponent will be there in a heartbit with a perfect accurate inreal cheesy long football pass!!!
Eliminate this flaw immediately in a patch cause its destroying the Online sim experience.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:21 AM   #53
Banned

I've just gotten into the habit to grab both my center and power forward and TURBO back as soon as I make a basket. Otherwise they start fiddling around and slowly turn to jog back.

To the thread. My first 3 games were great. Ever since the last update with 2ktv coming on right away, INPUT LAG is back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 10:58 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilexcq
Online is terrible...unplayable. I played 4 games and they're all laggy. It is just as worst as last year.

I couple other reasons i HATED what they did to the game.
1. Substitution menu...what the hell. IF you think this substitution screen is better than last year, you're just being illogical. Why would you make user switch to TWO different screens back and forth just so you can find the player you want to sub. Also I have no doubt the general gamers will find this confusing. Also, why is the screen menu automatically disappeared before I can even find the player i want to sub? Who's idea is this to put this menu in the game? Sorry I don't think it make substitution any quicker. Last year sub menu is actually better.
2. I don't like how they change up the bounce passes with a separate button. Sure i can get use to it, but i don't feel a sense of satisfaction with that button. I normally did a bounce pass in a fast break follow by a dunk. Now I don't feel good pressing a separate button before dunking. It's just odd. The same go with the alley opp button. There is NO REASON to change up these buttons. Why would you do that?? Just for the sake of changing? I don't think it does it any good to be honest and i been playing 2K for a long time.
3. And how do you call quick time out and intentional foul? I know last year, you press a combination of buttons but this year....it doesn't work. Again, why would you change up these buttons?
4. Still no Nosebleed cam online and why do i have change the settings, strategy every single time i get into an online game? Why couldn't it be saved? This is the same thing last year, they never fix it.
5. But the main problem is...ONLINE lag. And it is the MAIN reason i am considering of selling the game back. I will give it a couple more shots and then consider selling it.
Me and a few others have not experienced any lag issues. Sounds like it may be something with you

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 04:53 PM   #55
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Make it a habit to get back on defense as soon as the shot goes up. DO NOT stand and watch your shot.

I have a bad habit shutting down the cheesers early in the game, then i relax and let them get in a rhythm with their fast break cheese, baseline cheese, and spamming their superstar. Its hard to slow them down once they get in a groove with their cheese.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
This!!!!!! Although I would question how they would reward user on ball defenders, I need this to happen. I'm 12 and 1 online all using Knicks and since they are lower tier I do a lot of work user wise to win game but against the Spurs for example the guy just literally ran away from whoever had the ball and let the computer play defense. This is crazy annoying especially when you play on ball the whole game you figure there would be some kind of respect thing lol but yea the Spurs defenders were too good for my lowly Knicks. Not only that he played his starters the wholeeeee game lmao
What is it with you "on-ball or die" people and your insistence that everyone else should play the same way as you? Nerfing the AI would be a terrible idea. It would lead to people just draining contested 3s in the CPU's face. The CPU should be as difficult to play against online as it is offline.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »