Home

Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

This is a discussion on Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #9
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

Loved the video. You plan on doing something similar with the triangle offense?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 09-26-2015, 02:41 PM   #10
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

OVR: 4

How do you set a hard pick on this game? In 2k15, I just hold the pick button. I need the screener to stay but he rolls away no matter what.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:50 PM   #11
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

This is fantastic. Appreciate the knowledge, Czar and look forward to more tips and videos.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Czar, thank you for your amazing work. I'd like to hear/see a quick explanation of using MOTION CUTS versus FREELANCE ACTIONS. Very basic but I think it would be helpful to have that info out there and maybe some guidelines on which to use.

I believe you said before motion cuts is to run the bare set, whereas freelance is the bare set with play calls interspersed by the CPU. First, do you feel there are more scoring options from one or the other? Does one or the other tend to have more constant, unbroken motion than the other? Secondly, how does this interact with the playbook you have selected? So if I'm running SWING freelance is it optimal to set the Spurs (or Warriors, Hawks, etc.) playbook?

Lastly, I really was hoping to see motion offense selection in either/both of the pre-game menu or the time-out menu. This doesn't seem to be in the game so please consider pitching this as an add-on. I don't know if it can be patched in but it would be very helpful especially considering how many offenses there are--tough and time-consuming with the new menus to get to your choice and switch between offenses in-game.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:33 PM   #13
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Is there anywhere that we can see the initiation points for each freelance offense in the game?
Old 09-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #14
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime12089
Is there anywhere that we can see the initiation points for each freelance offense in the game?
Thus far, I've been using the Pacers, it seems to work just by standing at the top or on the wings. Those spots seem to be the trigger points.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:39 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

7 seconds or less is my favorite freelance to use so far. The activation zones with motion cuts turned on are:

Top of the key -- corner man comes off a screen from your big and cuts hard to the basket.

Wings -- ball screen comes from a perimeter player on the high side of the court.

Corner -- center uses a screen to cut across the lane and set up on the near side block.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 05:29 PM   #16
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Czar, is there any way you guys can move up the corner activation spot a bit so that it's not in the absolute bottom of the corner? I'm finding that my guy spotted up in the corner usually catches the ball a dribble or two away from the activation zone. And when I try to dribble down into the circle after catching a pass in the corner, it usually causes a turnover or an out of bounds. It would be sweet if the corner activation spot was placed right beneath the feet of where the corner guy usually spots up.

You should only need to activate if your wanting an action that starts from the corner. But that may depend on what offense you were running.

In most offenses a pass from close to corner to the top will still key an action. The only time it won't is if the rest of your team is not in a recognized configuration.

I tested it after reading your question and just move the ball and the offense will catch up with you.

Spacing wise to answer your question we would have to squeeze the spacing for the rest of the perimeter players. That is why that is so low in the corner. It is so we can maximize the spacing on the floor.

If I do that when you have the ball at the wing that corner guy will be too close.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »