Home

Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

This is a discussion on Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 06:40 AM   #49
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

Ive seen it in the Mavs playbook. Works well.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:54 PM   #50
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

New video up in the sticky fellas

Talking about how to select freelances and what the difference are between them
Old 10-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #51
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevroman
How come in your post you say the corners are bad places to start your offense, but in a lot of the freelance offenses you have a player initiating the offense in a corner as one of the "good" spots. Am I not reading the diagrams properly?
The diagrams show you where you "can" initiate and I tell you where you "should". I wouldn't advise it, but that doesn't mean you can't.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 04:47 PM   #52

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
Is the freelance offence available in MyCareer? I'm a PG for the Heat and have play vision on and display all plays, but can't seem to trigger the Heat's freelance offence.
Yes they are available in my career. Did you watch all the videos ? Especially the one about coaching settings ?
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 10-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #53

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Czar- Really looking forward to these as I did not understand freelance at all last year.

Here are a few questions..

1. Does changing offensive POE's have any effect on freelance offense? (For example, if I change my POE from "get shooters open" to "pick and roll", does that change my freelance at all?)
- To build on this question, what does the change in offensive POE effect? Does it primarily effect what "quick play" is called if you hit UP on the D-Pad?

2. When changing offensive strategy I have two options, Half court set and Action.
- If I am playing as the Warriors, the Half-Court set is "Default" and the Action is set to motion. I am assuming this means the Half Court set is default set to "Warriors" for Golden State, but what do the different "Actions" represent?
----I have the option for Motion, Free-Lance and Space the Floor.. Do changing these effect free lance options? I would like to know what specific effect the Action option represents.

3. Basic 2K Question- When do you recommend using button passing or icon passing? For freelance would you recommend using button and plays use icon? Just curious what your personal preference is.

4. Lastly, just a question regarding your personal preference, do you play this game on a broadcast or 2k (like) camera?

Thanks for any advice or guidance you can provide!!
The POE's influence is not as strong as it was last year. It is only a slight influence except under specific circumstances.

2. was answered in video and in the post I believe.

3. totally user preference. If I guy is closely guarding I will use Icon lead passing and try to lead him away from the defense.

4. I use several different camera angles to keep the game fresh and expand my play style. In my MyLeague I use my fav camera for home and least fav for road.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:00 PM   #54
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I like number 4, I may use that in my league.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:05 AM   #55
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Im just playing a whole bunch of single games running the flow offense, not calling plays. Im Experimenting triggering from different parts on the court. It's just a joy to play with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:41 AM   #56
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
Im just playing a whole bunch of single games running the flow offense, not calling plays. Im Experimenting triggering from different parts on the court. It's just a joy to play with.
Flow is easily my favorite offense so far. The flare screens and ability to break into PnR at any time with good spacing make it really beautiful to run. Check this video out- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY74uZBN3OE - really demonstrates how well done the offense is in the game.

One problem I am running into is getting the offense to start immediately. I understand that one reason for this is that the freelances were designed to trigger after you move the ball around first. But for the flow in particular the main set starts with the guard at the top of the key. After bringing the ball up, there is still some wait time on the trigger spot since there is no initial pass. This is really exacerbated online where I can't seem to get into my set fast enough into the shot clock and my opponents tend to run around like lunatics pressuring the ball, spamming X, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »