Home

Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

This is a discussion on Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 06:09 AM   #57
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Da_Czar's Freestyle Offense Show Q/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxident
Flow is easily my favorite offense so far. The flare screens and ability to break into PnR at any time with good spacing make it really beautiful to run. Check this video out- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY74uZBN3OE - really demonstrates how well done the offense is in the game.
That is beautiful.

There are so many branches for the set. I love it. I love getting Parsons on that initial cut in to the key, if its timed perfectly, I got get the D to collapse on him and set up a kickout to the corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biaxident
One problem I am running into is getting the offense to start immediately. I understand that one reason for this is that the freelances were designed to trigger after you move the ball around first. But for the flow in particular the main set starts with the guard at the top of the key. After bringing the ball up, there is still some wait time on the trigger spot since there is no initial pass. This is really exacerbated online where I can't seem to get into my set fast enough into the shot clock and my opponents tend to run around like lunatics pressuring the ball, spamming X, etc.
Maybe try the top of the key trigger point; you may find it quicker. I get it started with about 14 secs left on the clock.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:55 AM   #58
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
I got a season goin with classic bulls and I'm running the tri beautifully. What issues are you having and is action set to motion
Sorry, I should have followed up on this.

So, it turns out the issue was I was playing Knicks with default freelance and I assumed it was triangle. But with Porzingis on the floor, the AI is running 4 out.

So I was looking to make the initial pass to the wing or looking for some pinch post action and nothing was happening the way I expected.

Old 10-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #59
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

So, it turns out the issue was I was playing Knicks with default freelance and I assumed it was triangle. But with Porzingis on the floor, the AI is running 4 out.

So I was looking to make the initial pass to the wing or looking for some pinch post action and nothing was happening the way I expected.

Czar released a great video on this stuff if you want to have a look.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:42 AM   #60
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quick question: During freelance when the "A" is above the person's head, should I just Tap A, or hold "A" down. In addition, do I have to point the L stick in the direction of the "A" as well. I really want to start running more of the offense, so I want to make sure I am doing it correctly.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 06:22 PM   #61
MVP

OVR: 8

Czar u da man!

Quick question: can you point out the UCLA plays that you mentioned you were adding to the triangle?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-thread-9.html

Last edited by taildog; 10-02-2015 at 06:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 07:06 PM   #62
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC

I will get that changed once updates start rolling out. No. I can't say when that will be.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 10-02-2015, 07:28 PM   #63
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I will get that changed once updates start rolling out. No. I can't say when that will be.
No worries. Hey, I have so much to relearn to make my sorry butt have way respectable in this game, the default setting is the least of my problems!

But I'm not crying, and not part of the crying chorus. I get to work!
Old 10-03-2015, 01:43 AM   #64
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash3
Can you run the "elevator" play
It's in the Clippers' playbook.

Quote:
So from what I've read, it seems that the motion setting this year runs the purest form of the offensive system. Whereas last year it seemed like the freelance setting was the purest form with space the flow and motion modifying it depending on if you wanted more or less movement.
Czar's latest video said that Motion is indeed the best setting to put the freelance offenses on if you want them to run in their purest form.

Space the floor will completely kill all of your AI teammates' motion, and makes them only move when you tell them to.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-03-2015 at 01:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »