Home

So... I'm a white guy...

This is a discussion on So... I'm a white guy... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 09:09 PM   #9
mqt
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So... I'm a white guy...

So, in a mode where you're the character in a Spike Lee story with a full backstory, the only immersion killer is the color of your family? This is why MyCareer as a wish fulfillment mode has always confused me. Why complain about your voice being weird if you're changing every other detail about yourself?
Old 09-25-2015, 09:10 PM   #10
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Just skip all the scenes and simulate your rookie year like I did. "Livin' the Dream" should have been a separate mode. I don't see the point of it being in MyCareer.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 09:20 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'd also like to add that I'm 5'11, but in the scenes with my family they're half my size. So... I'm raised by little people as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 09:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqt
So, in a mode where you're the character in a Spike Lee story with a full backstory, the only immersion killer is the color of your family? This is why MyCareer as a wish fulfillment mode has always confused me. Why complain about your voice being weird if you're changing every other detail about yourself?
I actually try to make my person as close to me as possible, the black twin sister thing is soo weird, no idea what 2k was thinking.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:23 PM   #13
Pro

Rip4ever's Arena

I just play it like I feel it. Skip everything you can because living the dream is living a nightmare. If I were that dim-witted I would have jumped off the balcony.

The sister is the only other than the mother/father that I didn't want to punch in the face.

Worst game storyline ever, hands down. I felt like Lance Stephenson without the talent.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:24 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqt
Maybe "immersion" wasn't the right word then. "Logic" should have been the word.

Obviously the game can't mimic my voice, personality, look and background perfectly... we've accepted that. But the way they set up the family dynamic is just a weird distraction. That's all.
Old 09-25-2015, 09:27 PM   #15
Rookie

Scenario A

Your mother knew of your original families athletic genes and stole you from the hospital as she was in there giving birth to you "twin" sister.

Scenario B

Your backstory is a lie, your real family was killed and you were adopted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 09:33 PM   #16
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg
Scenario A

Your mother knew of your original families athletic genes and stole you from the hospital as she was in there giving birth to you "twin" sister.

Scenario B

Your backstory is a lie, your real family was killed and you were adopted.
Your best friend is "like your brother" they said a million times. It could have been those 2 characters as bro and sis and you being the adopted one. Would have saved people a lot of confusion.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »