Home

NBA 2K16 Official TRIANGLE OFFENSE THREAD

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Official TRIANGLE OFFENSE THREAD within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #41
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K16 Official TRIANGLE OFFENSE THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanmike6
Not exceptional!
there is a huge difference between the real blind pig and this blind pig.
Normally the pass from Anthony to Ezsmilez should be at the free throw line not under the basket and if the blind pig is correct, your player Ezsmilez should be totally alone to make a big dunk!!

and to finish it is not new in 2k game, it was in 2k13 and even in 2k11!!
It's a game dude. Of course it's not going to be as 'effective' as the 'real' blind pig.

As gamers, we're slaves to AI coding and user inputs - we can only play the game and use the tools we're given.

It's not perfect, but not much is - we should be grateful we've got anything like this at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 07:42 AM   #42
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanmike6
Not exceptional!
there is a huge difference between the real blind pig and this blind pig.
Normally the pass from Anthony to Ezsmilez should be at the free throw line not under the basket and if the blind pig is correct, your player Ezsmilez should be totally alone to make a big dunk!!

and to finish it is not new in 2k game, it was in 2k13 and even in 2k11!!

While I agree that this didn't look ideal, wanted to clear a few things up. This wasn't a mycareer game that was Langston Galloway who made the cut to the basket. This was actually a lg game where I was just happy the AI was smart enough to realize I was being pressed and gave me a pressure release. I'm also aware that it was in previous 2ks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-10-2015, 09:08 AM   #43
MVP

daveberg's Arena

I have trouble with the AI initiating movement in some cases during the triangle, even with motion cuts on, sometimes the computer team mates just don't want to comply - Still it actually works out though, it's not that unrealistic - when the action stops then get the ball to MJ and let him go to work!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:40 AM   #44
Rookie

ezsmilez's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
I have trouble with the AI initiating movement in some cases during the triangle, even with motion cuts on, sometimes the computer team mates just don't want to comply - Still it actually works out though, it's not that unrealistic - when the action stops then get the ball to MJ and let him go to work!

If u put your offensive tempo to either average or shoot at will u should see them get into their stuff sooner. I know when I'm using patient offense it can be kind of cumbersome.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:22 AM   #45
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezsmilez
If u put your offensive tempo to either average or shoot at will u should see them get into their stuff sooner. I know when I'm using patient offense it can be kind of cumbersome.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that tonight!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 10:38 AM   #46
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

I had a great game this weekend, Knicks (me) vs Cavs. Lost by 4 after a 6-0 run by Cavs to end the game. They clamped down on Anthony (35-10-7) and Porzingis (21-4-2) didn't come through in the clutch after having an exceptional 3 3/4 quarters.

But it's the best my offense has looked since I got the game. Patience is key, which I wasn't practicing until seeing this thread. Improved user dribbling and directional passing are my last hurdles. I have a tough time getting a decent shot when triangle action doesn't produce one. And turnovers from misdirected directional passes kill 5-10 possessions per game (Cavs - 17 points off 12 TOs).
Old 11-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #47
Rookie

Jordanmike6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
It's a game dude. Of course it's not going to be as 'effective' as the 'real' blind pig.

As gamers, we're slaves to AI coding and user inputs - we can only play the game and use the tools we're given.

It's not perfect, but not much is - we should be grateful we've got anything like this at all.
it was more like that in 2k12 but in 2k13 the backdoor was better.
Without playing on NG i think the second pass can be improved, if not, this action would not be in the game.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #48
Pro

JoFri's Arena

i've been following the knicks game and felt frustrated on how they played the triangle. i would say 70% of the time the wing (initiator) passes to the guard at the top of the key to initiate the 2-man game at the elbow. what they failed to realise is passing the ball to the low block can also create equal opportunity for scoring too.

melo and the knicks should watch how shaq played the post game. when the defender front him 3/4 front at the low post, simpley swing the ball to the corner (strong side) and lob it in.

sorry guys just wanna rant on it. like kobe said, the knicks played more like a square than a triangle now.

back to 2k, i found a way for sg players like kobe or mj to play at the low block via freelance. when pg brings the ball up cross half court, look for eg. kobe at the wing (he needs to be at the wing). pass it to him to initiate the offense. alternatively, have kobe bring up the ball but must go to the wing spot. swing the ball to the guard at top of key. yor teammates at the post from weak side will slide to the wing. pass it to him. u will find kobe cutting thru the lane from strong side to weak side low post demanding for the ball. pass it to him and let him go to work.

very effective. try it if u want melo or kobe or mj to play at low post without calling a play. i used that on r. westbrooks and kd and it works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »