Home

Seattle Sonics Relocation Template

This is a discussion on Seattle Sonics Relocation Template within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 10:01 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Seattle Sonics Relocation Template

Haven't messed with relocation but is there a quick way to make the sonics with the jerseys or so you have to customize it to that? If you have to customize it can anyone share their settings for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 04:21 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 18
Re: Seattle Sonics Relocation Template

I'm having trouble with the actual jersey. I can't seem to find the arch on the front of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STANCE GUIDE
http://bit.ly/HtkpmT
MOTION GUIDE
http://bit.ly/IqkdGh
Old 09-26-2015, 04:26 AM   #3
Retro NBA Nut

RMJH4's Arena

OVR: 19

Sorry to disappoint you but there is no arch feature for front text. its crazy they overlooked this as its available for text on the back. the only workaround i can find is to use an uploaded logo of sonics wordmark, and put that on it. i havent found any sonics wordmarks from the jerseys yet. I did find the vancouver grizzlies one in community uploads and was able to make a good uni.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:09 AM   #4
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

We should just make a whole topic devoted to sharing designs.

It would also let us share PS4/XB1 usernames so we know what to search for in the 2K image library.

I'm serious--23, get on that! I want a Kentucky Colonels logo with all the necessary transparencies, sort of like those seen here, but without the white square around them on the court...even with Google, I can't figure out how to do that myself.
Old 09-26-2015, 06:21 AM   #5
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

This is what I made
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2015, 07:17 AM   #6
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy123
This is what I made
How?

I failed at making those yesturday.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:38 AM   #7
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
We should just make a whole topic devoted to sharing designs.

It would also let us share PS4/XB1 usernames so we know what to search for in the 2K image library.

I'm serious--23, get on that! I want a Kentucky Colonels logo with all the necessary transparencies, sort of like those seen here, but without the white square around them on the court...even with Google, I can't figure out how to do that myself.

I agree
Old 09-26-2015, 08:30 AM   #8
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Well, there are a lot of different concepts out there for a future Sonics team, but one of my favorites is this one here. He's got a few different versions of the logos through page three, so check and see which ones you like. I spent a total of eight (maybe more) hours yesterday getting those logos ready for prime-time in Photoshop, then put them to work in the game.

Here are my results. This is by no means a final design but there are a lot of elements I like about it. I'm drawing up another design as we speak that I think will be better.

Firstly, the home jerseys:

Right Side:

Left Side:

Front Close:

Left Side Close:

Shorts Close:

Back Close:

Now, the away jersey I decided to go in a completely different direction. Personally, I find myself bored when teams just switch the colors of their away uniforms (using their secondary as a main or some such) and the design of the uniform is almost exactly the same, minus a different color scheme. Since we can only have two custom jerseys for our relocated teams, I thought it appropriate to just go ahead and create what would be the alternate away jersey on most teams as the Sonics standard away jersey.

I feel this is a decently possible thing that could happen in the future as alternate away jerseys become more popular: plus, I feel like when the Sonics are away they need to communicate a different message (as opposed to the home uniform which very clearly communicates "WE ARE SEATTLE", the away uniform message is all about "SONICS" and is sleeker than the home one, admittedly).

Here's what I did:

Front Close:

Left Side Close:

Shorts Close:

Back Close:

Now, the only connective tissue between these two uniforms is the color scheme and that snazzy secondary logo (on the side stripe of the shorts). Other than that, these two uniforms are quite different. Overall, I came away very satisfied with the away uniform but the home one felt like it had no life to it -- really reminded me more of a walking billboard for the primary logo than anything, but I like the idea of it so I'm giving it a try again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »