Home

How do i get past CPU?

This is a discussion on How do i get past CPU? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 02:06 PM   #73
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: How do i get past CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I've noticed Jose Calderon has.been mentioned a lot....wanted to post this:

https://vid.me/12pH

First play of the game. Nothing crazy...iso, noticed the side he was shading....blow by...

Even showed the difficulty for good measure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Jus realized what i was doing wrong. When u size up using rt, after u input the move let of rt, then when your ready to explode hit the rt again. I was holding rt the whole time which causes your player to take off slow. Now I can launch from any point with explosion. That Liliard vid helped me. Thanks man
Props for the quoted comments guys..24's for showing it can be done and sirjam's for explaining how to do it..great job guys

Sent from my Illudium Q-36 Space Modulator using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #74
Rookie

ekferio's Arena

Can someone translate that for the ps4 guys? So you release the R2 when the player starts moving?
Old 09-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I was simply referring to the fact that we can tune sliders down if we see fit. I was not implying that the Developers make any changes to the core game.

I agree with you, it is fantastic that defense is challenging this year. However, I do feel the on ball AI defense is a bit too "sticky", if that makes sense. Either that, or maybe I just do not know the controls well enough to use moves that can blow by defenders.

I have been using Golden State and it has been near impossible for me to do a move and blow by anyone with Curry.
I disagree using players like kyrie wall Paul ive been able to shake them..I actually made a player fall wit kyrie..n I'm playing on all star default just to feel out the game

Sent from my SM-G850M using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 03:30 PM   #76
Rookie

I've noticed this too. Especially in Mycareer. It's a bit frustrating when my teammates can't set a screen. It's been difficult to score but I like that. Once I improve my player and get used to the game. It'll be challenging and fun.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:02 PM   #77
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kese86
The problem with the defense seems to be that realistic offensive counter moves aren't responsive or effective enough. I'm not talking about cheesy moves either. If I drive hard right and the defender overplays it and I perform a behind the back dribble or crossover to the left, that should create space for a drive or shot against sub-par defenders. Only elite defenders should be able to recover on moves like that more often than not, but it seems like all CPU guards and wings are psychics that mirror your every move. I still need more practice, but this is just an early observation.
This was exactly my point. They brought back the auto hesitation to combat cheese but it allows CPU defenders to recover. Sometimes I have to do the exact same thing to get past defenders, good or bad. There is no way a bad defender can pick up Kyrie 94 feet and just run through screens like Beverly. Anyone who even mentions dribbling gets labelled as a cheeser and an iso player but "sim basketball" isn't only playing hot potato around the perimeter and having every player play lockdown D. If I used a team like Toronto the way they played in real life , is it not "sim"? The opposing team should have to put their best defender on the best offensive player instead of having the best and worst defensive players play the same.

Sent from my HTC Desire 510 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 04:12 PM   #78
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Use picks. There aren't many guys that are crossing up defenders and blowing by them in real life.
I wouldn't say that. They don't necessarily leave them in the dust, but they are able to get by them enough to get off a less contested shot. Doesn't really happen vs. Cpu in this game. Shaq has solid perimeter defense in this game. Lol
Old 09-27-2015, 04:43 PM   #79
Rookie

Anyone who has played basketball knows how difficult it is to guard someone who is fast and/or can handle the ball. Playing against Curry, Paul, Westbrook, James, etc. you wither have to play off a little bit an give up a slightly contested shot or play up and get ready to be blown by. Not every player can just do whatever moves and get by their defender but the best players are able to get wherever they want on the floor and are able to get their shots off. Great players are pretty much unguardable, you just have to hope they're having an off night. Don't get me wrong I love this game and love the way 2k plays but I would be lying if I didn't say I understand some of the complaints. The ultimate goal would be to use chris paul, steph curry, and westbrook and be able to get my shot off and get to wherever I want on the floor like they would be able to do in real life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #80
Banned

This guy on youtube called Shakedown2012 has the best handles i've ever seen in NBA 2K, he can literally break the cpu's ankles every time if he wanted. Im so wish I would do handles like him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »