Home

How do i get past CPU?

This is a discussion on How do i get past CPU? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 08:28 AM   #65
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: How do i get past CPU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
How did you get Lillard to explode like that? That explosion is what is really missing on my dribble drives..

Have you changed and sliders at all?

Nope, would've said 'custom' under Game Style

You just have to know WHEN to explode out of it....I didn't press turbo until I was ready to accelerate....another key is knowing how much space you have and giving yourself room to operate...

Here's one where Jose is playing a bit tighter

https://vid.me/xr5D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 08:29 AM   #66
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
How did you get Lillard to explode like that? That explosion is what is really missing on my dribble drives..

Have you changed and sliders at all?
To me, it looks like he flicked the L stick to the right when the ball was in Lillard's left hand.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:04 AM   #67
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I've noticed Jose Calderon has.been mentioned a lot....wanted to post this:

https://vid.me/12pH

First play of the game. Nothing crazy...iso, noticed the side he was shading....blow by...

Even showed the difficulty for good measure

Thanks for the clips..what this shows us is that you can blow by defenders but it has to be the right situation and how he's guarding you depending on the angle of the iso play. if you choose the right spacing and angels to pull off moves, the defender will not have quick recovery speed to keep up with ballhandlers.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:08 AM   #68
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm too old to care about my ego and worrying about what difficulty a game is on. I leave it on pro or allstar then adjust the sliders according to get the most enjoyment out of the game - right now after tweaking the sliders, I'm comfortably shaking defenders from time to time without having them stick to me like glue.

Drop the difficulty and have a try.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:09 AM   #69
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Jus realized what i was doing wrong. When u size up using rt, after u input the move let of rt, then when your ready to explode hit the rt again. I was holding rt the whole time which causes your player to take off slow. Now I can launch from any point with explosion. That Liliard vid helped me. Thanks man
Old 09-27-2015, 10:16 AM   #70
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
Jus realized what i was doing wrong. When u size up using rt, after u input the move let of rt, then when your ready to explode hit the rt again. I was holding rt the whole time which causes your player to take off slow. Now I can launch from any point with explosion. That Liliard vid helped me. Thanks man

That's what I like to hear man, glad to help.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #71
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Think I may have figured some things out thanks to some of the posters in this thread. Size up is definitly the best way to get a defender moving one way or the other, some guys have multiple hitches or launch points in their size ups once I started learning them things became way more realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 11:09 AM   #72
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Read this entire thread...in my mind, WHICH players are you trying to use? It seems like people just want to spam the ISO moves until the CPU/Player slips, then they can have a uncontested lane to the basket. In online games, that's all people did, because people were taking advantage of the fact defenders slid around too much.

NOW that there's some genuine defense, people want to complain...SMH.

Use your playbook and create opportunities! Practice! Every possession shouldn't be about giving Westbrook the ball and watching go at his defender one-on-one. Here's the irony...

IF 2K Sports nerfs the defense due to people whining and crying about it being too hard, then people will start abusing those offensive moves. THEN we'll get the stupid comments of "If a coach can use the same successful play/move over and over, then he would. It's on the defense to adjust.".

Here's the damn reality....

In real life, a coach would have NEVER instructed his team to let up on defense, so you COULD abuse the play/move in the first place.

We're at a point where it's time for the OFFENSE to adjust....deal with it like defensive-minded players had to, since NBA 2K11.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »