Home

NBA 2K16 Court designs and jersey creations.

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Court designs and jersey creations. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 12-27-2015, 07:07 PM   #2137
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K16 Court designs and jersey creations.

So for a while now I have been thinking of relocating a team to Alaska, not very realistic obviously, but interesting. For some reason I like teams that are in colder, or 'wilder' places (or use that sort of iconography at least) such as the Timberwolves, Raptors etc. (maybe I just like cold weather more I don't know haha). So I liked the fact that Alaska was one of the relocation options in 2K16 and thought about how I should do it.

My photoshop/illustrator skills are practically non existent (though I'd like to learn) and I can't make logos based on my own concepts, so I looked around for some logos to use and came across a perfect one on sportslogos.net. It's an NHL expansion idea for the Yukon but I thought it would work for Alaska too, since the identity is similar. So what the things which made it a Yukon team could work for Alaska too... The name comes from the nature of Alaska, and it's connection to the gold rush, with explorers coming out to search for gold. Naturally the mountains represent the mountains, of course. The pickaxes represent the gold rush, and the star represents its location in America's North. The colours and the stars could also reflect the Alaskan state flag.

Obviously credit goes completely to the artist who designed it (hope he doesn't mind that I edited it a little bit and used it for this!).

So here is the logo for the team, the Alaska Explorers:

Naturally I changed the name to Alaska Explorers, I added a Russian font which alludes to Alaska's Russian past and culture. I also added a different colour background to the mountains, which represents the Northern Lights (colours I also used for the jerseys).

I moved Oklahama City (since they are a new team anyway, and their logos and such aren't great tbh).

So here is the home court:

You can see the logo and the colour scheme. One other thing I added was instead of Arena Name logos, I added logos which say 'True North'. Naturally this is meant to be the same as Toronto's 'We The North' thing, but to reflect that Alaska is considerably further north than Toronto...

The home jerseys, which I am quite happy with. The star on the front represents the north star as I have said and on the trim of the shorts is a tree design which reflects Alaska's wilderness.

and the away jerseys, which are essentially the same except they use the darker blue and yellow/gold of the logo (and the Alaskan flag):

Old 12-27-2015, 09:37 PM   #2138
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ondulado_Shores
Kerry Kittles.

My heavens...haven't thought of him since my NBA Live days on the PS1.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:01 PM   #2139
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEDGE5
So for a while now I have been thinking of relocating a team to Alaska, not very realistic obviously, but interesting. For some reason I like teams that are in colder, or 'wilder' places (or use that sort of iconography at least) such as the Timberwolves, Raptors etc. (maybe I just like cold weather more I don't know haha). So I liked the fact that Alaska was one of the relocation options in 2K16 and thought about how I should do it.

My photoshop/illustrator skills are practically non existent (though I'd like to learn) and I can't make logos based on my own concepts, so I looked around for some logos to use and came across a perfect one on sportslogos.net. It's an NHL expansion idea for the Yukon but I thought it would work for Alaska too, since the identity is similar. So what the things which made it a Yukon team could work for Alaska too... The name comes from the nature of Alaska, and it's connection to the gold rush, with explorers coming out to search for gold. Naturally the mountains represent the mountains, of course. The pickaxes represent the gold rush, and the star represents its location in America's North. The colours and the stars could also reflect the Alaskan state flag.

Obviously credit goes completely to the artist who designed it (hope he doesn't mind that I edited it a little bit and used it for this!).

So here is the logo for the team, the Alaska Explorers:

Naturally I changed the name to Alaska Explorers, I added a Russian font which alludes to Alaska's Russian past and culture. I also added a different colour background to the mountains, which represents the Northern Lights (colours I also used for the jerseys).

I moved Oklahama City (since they are a new team anyway, and their logos and such aren't great tbh).

So here is the home court:

You can see the logo and the colour scheme. One other thing I added was instead of Arena Name logos, I added logos which say 'True North'. Naturally this is meant to be the same as Toronto's 'We The North' thing, but to reflect that Alaska is considerably further north than Toronto...

The home jerseys, which I am quite happy with. The star on the front represents the north star as I have said and on the trim of the shorts is a tree design which reflects Alaska's wilderness.

and the away jerseys, which are essentially the same except they use the darker blue and yellow/gold of the logo (and the Alaskan flag):

These are dope as hell! Would you be able to post all the images in a file?

Thank you!
Old 12-28-2015, 01:00 AM   #2140
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuillLord
My game isnt here yet but im already thinking of designs. Can anybody find any cool native american logo concepts? Ive seen some but i feel like theres more im missing out on.
+1

i was thinkin about grabbing the old redskins spear logo or florida state and doin sum work on one...

http://www.twitch.tv/purecokain/profile - Streams

-The Hate Made Me Famous-
Old 12-28-2015, 06:40 AM   #2141
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman96
These are dope as hell! Would you be able to post all the images in a file?

Thank you!
Sure I'll do that later, there arent that any but I'll add one or two I didn't use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2015, 07:34 AM   #2142
Pro

Could someone please upload "New York" for the Knicks home and away jerseys? I'm trying to create the '76-77 jersey. I cannot seem to get the size to fit when I try to upload it. Thanks.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:42 AM   #2143
Rookie

Knicks uniform rebrand
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1451309930300.jpg (25.4 KB, 590 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1451309946634.jpg (21.8 KB, 588 views)
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1451309919538.jpg (22.4 KB, 582 views)
Old 12-28-2015, 09:45 AM   #2144
Rookie

Away front
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1451309939266.jpg (28.6 KB, 582 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »