Home

MyLeague Sim Stats Too High

This is a discussion on MyLeague Sim Stats Too High within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 12:37 AM   #9
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MyLeague Sim Stats Too High

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdoggydogg
Yup, the points of emphasis are all set to basically default for all 30 teams. I've actually spent my first day with the game changing POEs and sim testing, I'm really really close to perfect results that closely mimic each teams dvanced stats from last season for Pace, Defensive Rating, and rebounding Percentages. I'll let you guys know when I'm done.
Pleaseee do would be greatly appreciated. What exactly did you change with the POE's?
Old 09-27-2015, 01:04 AM   #10
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo
Pleaseee do would be greatly appreciated. What exactly did you change with the POE's?
A lot of teams need Patient Offenses. Also, a good amount of Average tempo teams and only a handful of Shoot at Will (and Run In Transitions) teams gives you realistic results. (Generalizing here.. I'm sure ant has got a formula)
Old 09-27-2015, 01:24 AM   #11
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Those Durant & Westbrook stats are exactly how it was when I simmed a season. Durant won the MVP by averaging 30 points, 8 rebounds, & assist. Westbrook averaged 22 points & 10 assist. Small forwards averaged about 8 rebounds & the blocks may need to be upped as far as sim but in game there are way too many blocks. It's fun sometimes tho haha defense never hurts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 01:33 AM   #12
Just started!

In my sim 2018-2019 season Okafor put up 33 PPG / 15 RPG over 70+ games... and did not win MVP >.>
Old 09-27-2015, 01:40 AM   #13
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 01:55 AM   #14
Rookie

I haven't seen the playoff simulated stats for this year's game but in 2k's past the stats were almost perfectly balanced... If only they could do a slightly loose version of that for the reg season. Does anyone know how the PO stats are this year?
Old 09-27-2015, 01:58 AM   #15
Rookie

Going to sim multiple seasons tomorrow with regular teams and submit my results. I don’t believe the tendencies of the generic players threw anything off with the 04-05 Suns, because I set them to 0 minutes and ran a 9 man rotation all year with the real players.

Some legends had some oddly extreme stats as well. For example, Nate McMillan averaged around 28 to 30 minutes for me, played 82 games, and his scoring per 36 minutes was at around 3ppg and 11apg. That year with the Sonics he was at around 8ppg and 5.5 apg per 36 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 04:31 AM   #16
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
A lot of teams need Patient Offenses. Also, a good amount of Average tempo teams and only a handful of Shoot at Will (and Run In Transitions) teams gives you realistic results. (Generalizing here.. I'm sure ant has got a formula)
Yea that's pretty much the basis of it. The different tempos have larger differences in results, while the defensive rebounding POE's are a little more subtle but still noticeable. For teams these days, most of them fall under Patient Offenses or Average.

But no matter what I tried, even if I was able to get the team's defensive rebounding Percentage accurate, their actual defensive rebounds per game stats were always way, way, way too high. Every team is averaging over 34 rebounds, which is unrealistic. So I tried SLIGHTLY adjusting player rebounding ratings on my roster (using my own formula which seems to be really really close to 2K's), and simmed another season, I saw a change for the better immediately. I'm going to fix each players defensive rebounding ratings and will upload my work once 2K updates with a more up-to-date roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »