Home

Need to know how to finish around the rim

This is a discussion on Need to know how to finish around the rim within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
MVP

dwayne12345's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need to know how to finish around the rim

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
No offense but why are you playing on HOF already ?You don't think you should learn the game first before jumping to that level?
Because I've been playing basketball video games since 1995 and I always start on the hardest mode. I take my lumps for a few weeks and I'm better for it. Then I don't develop and bad cheesy habits that only work on the lesser modes (like easy finishes).

Quote:
I've gotta say, EVERYTHING about driving inside feels great, EXCEPT when you miss a dunk. ..... I just can't stand watching the ball rim out when it should be a goal tend or a block at least.
Yea that's what I'm trying to figure out. I would prefer to not dunk if it's going to be a lower percentage shot than a layup.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 0

The shot adjust trigger used to work every time last year. This year not at all. 2k likes to overcompensate a lot year to year. I haven't had a lot of problems with layups, not that I try a lot contested, but dunks get swatted or missed every other time.. Nothing irks me more than having a near wide open fast break only for your player to do a slowish gather back scratcher dunk that gets swatted by a guy who was 20 feet behind you

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 10:20 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
Because I've been playing basketball video games since 1995 and I always start on the hardest mode. I take my lumps for a few weeks and I'm better for it. Then I don't develop and bad cheesy habits that only work on the lesser modes (like easy finishes).

Yea that's what I'm trying to figure out. I would prefer to not dunk if it's going to be a lower percentage shot than a layup.

I would actually think HOF would actually encourage bad cheesy habits because the overpowered 2K CPU cheese would encourage you to cheese right back. HOF up to 2K15 is not real basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »