Home

Is the INPUT LAG fixed?

This is a discussion on Is the INPUT LAG fixed? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 08:07 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is the INPUT LAG fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I have to ask. What is input lag? I see people complain about this every year, and I feel like I never have input lag. My online experience is the same as my offline experience.
Some people are very susceptible.

Input lag is just that, lag between input and action on screen.

If you wanna check it out, try this: Go into a shoot around with any player. Now pay attention. When you start holding the shoot button, does the player shoot right away? What about when you release? Also try shooting with the sticks. There's a definite lag there, probably for technical reasons.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:02 AM   #18
Rookie

lilmikey201's Arena

played 2 games last night 0 input lag for me
idk if its because my connection is so good or what
but in every 2k in the past i couldnt play online cus the input lag was so bad and slow now its fine for me
2-0 baby
Old 09-27-2015, 09:12 AM   #19
Rookie

Maybe differences in servers play a huge role.
I am in Europe with wired 50mbps connection.
No lag in any other game i play.
But with 2k is awful. i just don't know why.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:18 AM   #20
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I wouldn't describe it as input lag. It's more of an animation lag. My commands happen the moment I press the button, but having to wait for animations to play out causes you to trigger anticipatory commands at unfortunate times, which can lead to turnovers and missed opportunities.

Jumpshooting is much better online this year. I can hit shots with regularity with a low team such as the Denver Nuggets. In fact, I would say jumpshooting is the one skill that separates good players from bad players in this year's game. I played an opponent just now who had the Cavaliers. I could tell that his strategy in 2K15 was driving to the paint with Lebron or Kyrie all game. Once I cut off his lanes to the paint, he was forced to shoot, which he was obviously not comfortable doing. He ended up rage quitting in the fourth quarter. Again, I'm playing with the Denver Nuggets, the next-to-last worst rated team on the game.

Last edited by Mos1ted; 09-27-2015 at 09:21 AM.
Old 09-27-2015, 09:29 AM   #21
Rookie

It is still there. You notice it when playing OnBall D. Its a nightmare to defend quick pointguards like Wall, Tony, CP3, etc etc
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 10:54 AM   #22
Banned

It was looking promising when I got the game early and played my first 3 matches online. It wasn't perfect but it was bearable, and I mean that as a guy who has broken a 2k disc before over input lag.

But after more people have gotten on, and 2ktv update, it has gotten back to its old input laggy self. I've even had quite a few drops..

If 2k12 was a 3/10 with input lag, 1 being most awful, 2k15 was a 6/10 for me, and 2k16 is a 7/10.

This is for online. Offline it's about a 9.5/10 for 2k16, 9/10 for 15.

It should be 10/10 offline and 9.7/10 online for this day in and and when you compare to well.. EVERY OTHER SPORTS GAME.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #23
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I wouldn't describe it as input lag. It's more of an animation lag. My commands happen the moment I press the button, but having to wait for animations to play out causes you to trigger anticipatory commands at unfortunate times, which can lead to turnovers and missed opportunities.

Jumpshooting is much better online this year. I can hit shots with regularity with a low team such as the Denver Nuggets. In fact, I would say jumpshooting is the one skill that separates good players from bad players in this year's game. I played an opponent just now who had the Cavaliers. I could tell that his strategy in 2K15 was driving to the paint with Lebron or Kyrie all game. Once I cut off his lanes to the paint, he was forced to shoot, which he was obviously not comfortable doing. He ended up rage quitting in the fourth quarter. Again, I'm playing with the Denver Nuggets, the next-to-last worst rated team on the game.

I beat the Thunder with the Knicks....it was pretty damn glorious...makes me want to try out more Tier 3 teams online...

Still not experiencing significant input lag almost 20 games in but I can relate to your first paragraph, there's been a couple of missed opportunities because of that..

Other than that man, it's been smooth.. Things like the shot meter timing are the biggest impact I'd say...but I expect that (much like the delay you have to account for in maddens kicking meter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2015, 11:28 AM   #24
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
Some people are very susceptible.

Input lag is just that, lag between input and action on screen.

If you wanna check it out, try this: Go into a shoot around with any player. Now pay attention. When you start holding the shoot button, does the player shoot right away? What about when you release? Also try shooting with the sticks. There's a definite lag there, probably for technical reasons.
I kinda thought that was what everyone was talking about, but I had to make sure. I guess might have had a little bit of that in past games, but I have always adjusted. I just read and react to what I'm seeing on the screen, and I don't use physical game cues when I shooting. I just know the precise timing of all my players when I'm shooting, so input lag has never affected my game.

To be fair, historically I usually play a slow pace of basketball or don't use a lot of iso moves, so I don't have to rely on quick reflexes as much like I do in COD type games. I have always used the Pacers, and they never had killer crossover guards or wings. TJ Ford might have been the closest player who I could take someone off the dribble with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »