Home

NBA 2k17 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2016, 10:28 PM   #233
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 Wishlist

I wanna see explosiveness in quick ballhandlers.

A guy like CP3 should be able to blow pass a mediocre defender at ease without always having to use dribble moves. And I'm talking from a dead stop.
Old 03-23-2016, 02:30 AM   #234
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Add a badge called "Lane Filler" that gives players extra ability or responsiveness in running the break.

Improve passing animations. Speed it up. Make it smoother and more connective. Change passing animations depending on distance.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:39 AM   #235
Pro

dnyce87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnsey
Add a badge called "Lane Filler" that gives players extra ability or responsiveness in running the break.

Improve passing animations. Speed it up. Make it smoother and more connective. Change passing animations depending on distance.
Transition Finisher badge helps players run the break with higher speed along with finishing on the break of course. On the contrary, passing does need to be improved and be more responsive and fluid. It looks like the ball floats non chalantly through the air without any ZIP to it when you want to move the ball. Didn't they used to have a button that was a "touch" pass in previous 2ks? Bring that back. With the pass button, make it pressure sensitive and timed correctly or something with the pass button to move it quicker. Just an idea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2016, 11:25 PM   #236
MVP

CuseGirl's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunechid
Tallest my player should be 7'0 , 7'0 is a rare height in the NBA now days.. 7'3 is so op
You don't cap height at 7'0, you cap the propensity for the draft generator to make players taller than 7 foot 1. The height cap should really be about 7 foot 4 but draftable players of that height should come around very rarely, particularly if their skills/athleticism are any good.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:02 AM   #237
Pro

1. Player cuts to the basket are excessive in my opinion. Especially when standing behind the 3 point line. Frustrating to have your good shooters be wide open for a three but then they decide to cut to the basket on their own.
2. Fastbreak AI needs to be totally overhauled. Every fastbreak has all players without the ball run below the free throw line and then they decide to space the floor. Guys that shoot 3's need to run to places where they can spot up. Its how basketball is played now.
3. Completely change all of the silly fouls on shots near the baskets. It would be one thing if guys got fouls while trying to contest a shot but currently all they do is push the offensive player.
4. Please stop the bigs from trying to stop the ball when transitioning from offense to defense. They should be sprinting to the basket (not the backpedaling animation they currently perform way too often) instead hip checking the point guard
5. Correct all of the long twos guys take. Bring back the smart feet where guys would automatically step behind the line if close to it. Also allow us to make a three when standing a couple of feet off the line. This game vastly underestimates the amount of range that NBA players have.
6. If the game is going to continue to be based off of animations instead of real time physics, then there must be massive amounts of animations added to the game. Please adds tons of more passing animations, not the flashy passes, just the regular passes. I dont see many guys passing from their waists its all over the head passes. Needs to be more animations for shots around the rim as well. Add more floaters and tons of more stepback animations
7. Tone down the bumping on the perimeter. Its excessive and they should be fouls. Especially in today's NBA environment. The AI should be looking to play defense with as little contact as possible instead of seeking out contact as if they are playing football.
8. Remove guys denying their man on defense with their back to them.
9. Add more movement animations on defense. How you move defensively in basketball is different from how you move on offense. Guys should always be facing/alert to where the ball is.
10. Shorten player strides from a standstill. Guys pick up speed way too fast. This will improve spacing. This will allow guys with higher acceleration to be showcased. There is no first step quickness in the game currently
11. Make player models less massive? They feel theyre the right height but they just take up too much space because they are so wide and it makes the court feel smaller.
12. Distance is not taken into account on some passes. Not many people can throw a bullet pass from halfcourt to under the basket off the dribble. Its unrealistic lol. And if the AI is programmed to account for pass distance along with how open the pass appears it will only be smarter.
13. Make weight mean something. Lebron sholdnt be getting bodied up by otto porter
14. Bigs that cant shoot and that have a zero for three point shooting tendency should NEVER run to spot up behind the three point line on penetration or on pick and roll. Your spacing should suffer from playing Dwight Howard and Omir Asik together at the same time.
15. AI moves way to slow when running a play. Speed it up.
16. SUBSTITUTION LOGIC IS BEYOND POOR. Please please please implement some sort of editable rotation pattern. The current system is dated and unrealistic.
17. Tone done the number of shots that get blocked as a player is going up. This doesnt happen as near as much in real life as it does in the game. I think this a product of wingspan being giving too much credit. I think this is also a product of releases being way to slow. Guys rarely get their jumpers blocked in real life because its hard to react fast enough in order to get your hand on the ball so all you can do is contest. The game should take this into account using its reaction time attribute if it doesnt already.
18. The "ice ballscreen" animation is way too fast and is unrealistic IMO. The game will slow you down to allow the computer to get in position to ice. However, if the guy is in too low of a position when the ball screen gets there you should be able to use this to your advantage instead of being handicapped in order for an animation to play out. Oh well just another reason why the game should be moving away from animations and into a physics based engine.

All I have at the moment. Apologize if I made any redundant points. But I have to stress that shrinking the player models a tad bit and reducing how much ground they can cover from a standstill would take gameplay to a whole new level. Peace

PS
Can we please at least get year to year custom roster saves/export/import. Guys really put a great deal of time into these and it would be great to be able to carry them over into future versions. I mean it would always be great if we could carry over our MyLeague/MyGM (the Show does it) but i'll settle for babysteps first lol. (I understand why you wouldnt allow it for MyCareer because of the business side of it)

Last edited by Baebae32; 03-24-2016 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:35 AM   #238
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
This is how accessory options should look for MyCareer.

Spoiler

You should be able to select from a multitude of colors, create your own color via color wheel, or just select the team color.

These options should be available across ALL modes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
This is what I imagined MyPark/Pro Am accessories looking like.

Nobody can tell KD that he has to wear Adidas and Stance gear when he's hooping in Rucker Park. He's going to wear Nike shorts, socks and shoes.

Curry is going to rep UA, etc.

It's weird that we're being restricted on what we can wear during non-NBA activities. Live is already allowing you to wear Jordan apparel in their Pro Am mode, plus Nike is going to take over the NBA soon anyway.

I will give it to them though, they have added Jordan shirts and I guess they plan on adding more gear down the line via updates.

Spoiler

Another gripe I have is that none of the park clothing has cloth physics. It's all stiff.
Copied from the accessories thread.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:52 AM   #239
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Ability to change shorts length and jersey size (baggy or more fitted):

Old 03-24-2016, 07:21 AM   #240
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

*Ability to incorporate player/team/jersey updates into an existing roster save - this is a HUGE must. For us roster editors, we shouldn't have to wait several months after the game has released before we can finally start working on our custom edits. New data should be shared across the board and be able to plug into any save you may already have.

*More classic teams and focus on updating and giving the correct attributes/tendencies to the existing ones.

*Fix classic team arena sounds/Custom arena sounds - the classic team arenas are absolutely devoid of any accurate music/sounds, at least give us the option of adding our own in if you're not going to implement them.

*Stop nerfing spin moves and passfake drives - both are moves used in the NBA. I cannot perform either of them now as you almost always forced into an animation where you lose the ball. It's not our fault cheesers abuse these moves online - they shouldn't be taken out of made unusable for the rest of us.

*More signature animations - Players having specific triple threat/ball fake/post up animations. I'd also like to see a return of all the double clutch/reverse layup animations from 2k11 - they were NASTY!

*More accurate player celebrations - Not everyone jumps up and dances or chest bumps after a huge bucket. Players like MJ shouldn't be doing this stuff, it looks ridiculous.

*Ability to edit sock colour - C'mon 2k. You can edit everything else, there should be no excuse for this now.

*Short length & Jersey fit - For those of us who create teams/edit rosters, we should be given the ability to select short length and jersey type - helps with immersion when creating classic teams.

*Illegal defense and no Zone D for classic teams - Speaks for itself.

*More retro shoes - C'mon, all these classic players and you hardly have any throwback kicks. Not exactly realistic to have the '91 Bulls running around in the latest Hyperdunks.

*Better replays - I'll hit a fantastic shot and 2k decides to replay the final 0.5 seconds of it instead of the whole play.

*Fix player of the game highlights - We should be able to play a full 12 minute game if we choose and have the player of the game highlights show at the end of every game.

*Fix the passing!!!!! - If I have to see another 2 handed overhead pass to my team mate who's 2 feet away from me....... We need more one handed zip passes, touch passes, bounce passes, CHEST PASSES.

*Being able to rotate your player while editing jumpshots - Making sig shots this year has been an absolute nightmare, how can we possible see the proper form of the jumpshot from all angles if 2k have removed the ability to rotate the player??

*Ability to choose every teams freelance play style before the game - I'd love this option to be under the roster edit tab so we can assign every team a suitable freelance go to set. As great as it is to be able to do it on the fly, it's more than a little cumbersome.

*Let us split double teams without that awful automatic traveling call!! - I've not managed to do this once this year without being called for a travel, that's simply ridiculous and needs to be worked on.

Last edited by daveberg; 04-06-2016 at 07:01 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »