Home

NBA 2k17 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #249
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k17 Wishlist

(A) Defense - let me be able to hold opponents to less than 80 points a game on 12 minute quarters. Just so I can.

(B) End of game highlights -
on the PS4 for games greater than 8 - 12 minutes. For the love of all things good in the world, get the highlights working. Coders, figure it out. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-quarters.html

(C) Cosmetic that doesn't affect gameplay whatsoever -

(1) when players sub out, can you have them dab each of his teammate sitting along the bench before taking a seat himself. It'll make things look more authentic.
(2) players sipping from a gatorade cup, grabbing a towel and wipe off their sweat.
(3) fans actually eating in the stands. fans actually walking back to their seats with food. fans talking on the cell phone.
(4) towel boys wiping the sweat off the floor when players fall down.
(5) please actually make "living worlds" work.
(6) standing ovation for the player who was absolutely spectacular during the game when he gets sub out near the end of the game.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 03-25-2016, 08:40 PM   #250
MVP

RyanLaFalce's Arena

OVR: 0

Playoff mode for sure needs to be added back.

It would also be cool to see more college teams in and usable in exhibition games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2016, 09:24 PM   #251
Rookie

Better lateral movement for centers and power forwards.
Access to all layup packages and dunk packages for
Centers and power towards.
Tone down blocking for guards and small forwards. Too many times I've seen little guys getting big man block animations which is rare unless you're Dwyane Wade or Westbrook.
Customizable jump shots for all my players.
In Pro Am being able to see a heat check on everyone including player name, number & all stats for every player.
Pro Am needs to have roster spots like crew mode.
A website dedicated to stat tracking like the old 2k community page. Pro Am games played, stats per game who played in the games and the opponents stats as well.
NO MORE LOSING THE BALL OFF OF BREATHING ON A PLAYER. That to me is one of the most annoying thing that has happened to me while playing 2k16.
Fix the rebounding system. There has been way too many games that I've noticed where the ball bounces out of my hand when I clearly had the position and boxed out my opponent and lost possession of the ball. That has to be taken out.

I remember reading on Here sometime back about latency issues with online and offline shooting. Since 2K is an online always game and you need to be online to play mycareer, can devs work on their online modes that have to do with my players(park/Pro Am) and make it so that the release time of your jump shot is exactly the same as my career.

Make crossovers and hesitations and dribbles moves and general smoother. Speed up the tempo of the game just a bit. The game seems a bit sluggish.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2016, 11:56 PM   #252
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
*Fix classic team arena sounds/Custom arena sounds - the classic team arenas are absolutely devoid of any accurate music/sounds, at least give us the option of adding our own in if you're not going to implement them.
Yea I highly doubt we will get custom arena sounds. They would have to write all the code to it themselves. And that takes months to complete and test to make sure there are no bugs whatsoever.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:20 AM   #253
Rookie

NBA 2k17 Wishlist

MyCAREER have accessories match your teammates or give us the option 2 choose actual colors with each uniform.

Ability to edit other players and teammates jersey numbers, shoes accessories in MyCAREER
Old 03-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #254
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I highly doubt we will get custom arena sounds. They would have to write all the code to it themselves. And that takes months to complete and test to make sure there are no bugs whatsoever.
I'm fine with not having it, so long as they re-add the authentic retro arena sounds/music they had in the game previously (2k11, 2k12) Right now, playing in classic arenas feels empty and totally without character due to the lack of accurate retro arena sounds (The Chicago Stadium organ etc) These were ON POINT in 2k11/12.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:28 PM   #255
Rookie

One thing I think they should add in is a different story line path for different positions. Like if you are a shooting guard you are compared to Kobe and Jordan but if you're a centre you are compared to Wilt and Russell. Get shootaround tips from Jordan and stuff.

They also need to add in ethnicity changes if you are going to have a family. In fallout if you make your character black and the other character (mum or dad) white then Shaun is a mix, he also resembles you depending on how you have changed your features. If fallout can do that, so can 2k because being a white male with a black family and black twin sister makes zero sense, forces you to be black.

I would absolutely love to have a character or character packs that you can choose from so you can pick controversial and he acts out and says outrageous things.

Being able to invite teammates or NBA friends to your mycourt and have 1v1 with a CPU teammate or someone you've developed a friendship with, for example Steph Curry has become a friend but you play for the Bulls and invite him over if he's in the general area playing road games (so you can't invite him everyday, gives a bit of player selection variety)

Being able to access your home and having a court within would be a plus. Invite players there and ask to form a big 3 and come up with a plan how you will do it, whether you go to their team, they come to yours or you both trade to another team, but this can also fail despite your plans.

Have rivalries. You get some nonsense twitter heat but you don't get a proper rival, the Jackson Ellis thing and sort of Dante Exum was alright but make it competitive going for endorsements and big contracts, even All-Star spots.

If its a green release, it goes in, simple. I must have missed around 500 green releases this year. Also jumpshots used to be more indepth, 2k12 had base jump as well as release, gives you much more variation and they should bring that back.

The dribbling off someones leg. Oh my god take the dribbling off someones leg out of the game. Its so god damn frustrating. Its a kick ball violation, yet never given.

Remove default gameplay, simulation and casual. Just make it one game type with difficulties, the harder the difficulty the better the opposition will be at chance creation and spacing, not making them all turn into Steph Curry hitting deep 3's on the shot clock with a hand in their face. Like in rookie if you leave Steph wide open, 8/10 times he will make it. In HOF if you leave him wide open, also 8/10 times he will make it, don't make player attributes worse on better depending on difficulty. The fact should be that on Rookie he would never be left open as everyone marks their man and does their job without brain farts or being lazy but on HOF they should be like real life when they do creative movement, lose their man and get wide open. This is something thats broken in the game and needs fixed. HOF is a joke, makes the opposition all 99 and makes me worse. I should score the same percentage from 3pt in HOF as I should on rookie if they are all wide open. It makes limitless range impossible to get on HOF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2016, 10:18 PM   #256
Banned

Get rid of the script. If they don't announce they've removed it. I definitely won't pick it up next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »