Home

NBA 2k17 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2015, 05:45 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 Wishlist

Over the past few releases, defense have always needed a crutch. It started with bump animations, which to anybody who watches at least 1 NBA quarter will point out just how ridiculous and stupid that is.

After that, came sticky animations. This is where the offensive player is forced into weird, lengthy animations that can't be escaped from, burning shot clock and forcing turbo.

And now, with 2K16, they introduced what's known as shot fatigue. Basically you hold the ball for a few seconds on the perimeter, make a couple of dribbles and you'll certainly miss the 3pt shot. Again, completely unrealistic.

They've also increase the number of lengthy defensive animations on 1v1 situations that is also extremely unrealistic.

What I don't understand is why the infatuation with unrealistic animations? It's been years and honestly the only "big" changes I've seen are graphics and controls.

Honestly, it's time to change the engine you're using. It's reached its limits realism wise.
  • It's been years and still there's no such thing as physical momentum, allowing a multitude of cheeses over the years like zigzag cheese, turbo around the key cheese, etc.
  • Weight has 0 factor in the game AFAIK, most things related to weight actually seem to work via Strength attribute.
  • Physics doesn't work at all, clipping issues still persist, ball still phases through arms, bodies, faces, etc, players still phase through other players, etc.
  • Animations sometimes are cancelled and other times play out the full duration, very inconsistent.
  • Movement is horrible, it's so easy to get stuck in various animations that are clearly not the one that should be happening. Movement speed is also wildly inaccurate. Movement speed and animation should be decided by the values of the left stick and turbo, not the other way around. When both my left stick and turbo is on max, I should be at my fastest, not a slow jog like right now (sometimes).

Can we, at least for 2k17, get the physical aspects of the game right? Get some kind of momentum in there, so that there can be penalties for changing direction rapidly and sharply. Mainly, fatigue and injury. Very easy to get injured when you're placing a lot of force on your ankles and knees to get those rapid changes in velocity.

After that, can we get some form of sensible defense rotation? There's no point having so many teams if they all play the same way, which they are right now. There's too much of a focus on 1v1 defense, and that's not how the NBA is.

Finally, can we get rid of the 3pt shot fatigue system? It's just not how the game is, and it is the opposite of realism and simulation.

PS. If you can make it so that the left stick is only there for movement direction, that'll be great. I'd like the controls changed so that the right stick is exclusively for ball handling, and left stick for ball movement. Many times I'm driving baseline and trying to change direction a little with the left stick, causing my guy to do a crossover. Not what I want to do. The ball should only changes hand when I want to via the right stick.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:29 AM   #58
Rookie

A ProAm version that resembles crew and not JRC
Old 11-07-2015, 02:51 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 1

Motivational Speech Creator - talk on a mic and the game records your voice for pregame motivational speeches and timeout pep talks with teammates to boost team morale

Trash Talk Creator - again same idea where you talk on the mic and the game records your voice as player chatter. Take a risk by allowing us to use curse words and have the game recognize it to the point we will recieve technicals and ejections from the referee

Coaches Peptalk Creator - talk on the mic and have the game record your voice as the coach giving peptalks during timeouts and halftime boosting team morale

Become the 4th member of the shaq/ernie/kenny studio - who cares about Charles Barkley when we can record our own lines on a mic and become the 4th member of the studio

Snatching Two handed pinblocks from the backboard

The Little things crowd screams "Three" sometimes when you shoot a three

The Little things when a player signs with another team his previous team fans will boo him during player introductions

Last edited by Crunky; 08-31-2016 at 11:47 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:30 PM   #60
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Simulation basketball
Old 11-08-2015, 04:46 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 3

With their partnership with Mitchell & Ness, I would like to see shooting shirts added to the legend teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 09:53 AM   #62
Rookie

I think it has been frustrating for years now, that the CPU is able to make shots that the user canīt make. I guess itīs necessary to influence the difficulty of the team.

The CPU regularly makes layups and Jumpers that my guys miss, even if timed perfectly. Not sure, if that can be fixed, but that would be the biggest improvement in my opinion.
Old 12-02-2015, 12:47 AM   #63
Rookie

gotchaMF's Arena

-Don't allow badges to be earned online. At first I thought this was a good Idea, but guys will be badge chasing online. Online can already be frustrating.
-Limit the badges that you can equipped to 10-15
  • Combine all dribbling badges
  • Limit the upgrade based on attribute caps (Like NBA 2K14)
-Lock animations based on attributes. Everyone should be able to use the Steph Curry Pet-Size Up
-Emblem Creator/allow us to us the image share to make our own tattoos.
-Allow us to add more detail to our Jerseys/Court. For Example:
  • The Cavs have a skyline on their court. We should have this ability create a similar court.
  • We should have the ability to design our collars on our custom jerseys.
-Create our own Stance Socks
-Weight should determine acceleration and lateral quickness.
-Divisions for Pro-AM (1-10). The higher you go in the divisions, the bigger the rewards.
-Body Types
-Reward players that put a lot time into their MyPlayer. Allow 20 individual upgrades to individual stats (Post Fade is capped at 75+10. Now you're left 10 individuals upgrades to add any individual stat)
-Ability to change match ups in pro-am.
-Ability to use Offensive Sets instead of plays to help with spacing.
-Euro Dunk (D.Wade)
Old 12-02-2015, 01:17 AM   #64
Banned

Samm27's Arena

Posted this request in a few threads in the hope someone of importance will eventually see it.The hex pads represented in the game are nothing like what players actually wear today and the arm sleeve pads are 3times the size they are in real life, along with there being no difference really bewtween the elbow sleeve and arm sleeve in length. Dont get me wrong the game is awesome but yeah its as if they just went with near enough is good enough.
Like where are the adidas accessories with nba logos at the top of the sleeves like lillards and mclemore for example. So close to perfection that honestly could be achieved in one patch but will most likely be trickled throughout the next few years of releases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »