Home

Coaches in the game

This is a discussion on Coaches in the game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 04:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Coaches in the game

Not sure if this has been talked about yet, but was playing a couple quick games with the pistons and during timeouts anytime there's an animation or a cut scene where the head coach would be drawing up a play or giving a speech, there was a generic coach (I'm assuming the assistant) doing the talking and not the head coach, in this case SVG. I don't know if this is just a user controlled team thing cause the CPU cuts have the head coach in the huddle. And with the talk about the attention to the real voices and what not I would love to hear SVG ripping apart somebody!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Coaches in the game

Yeah, it is perpetually switched around. In my MyLeague i have Carlisle as HC and Dirk as my assistant after he retired and Dirk is spotlighted during Timeouts.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREYN24
Not sure if this has been talked about yet, but was playing a couple quick games with the pistons and during timeouts anytime there's an animation or a cut scene where the head coach would be drawing up a play or giving a speech, there was a generic coach (I'm assuming the assistant) doing the talking and not the head coach, in this case SVG. I don't know if this is just a user controlled team thing cause the CPU cuts have the head coach in the huddle. And with the talk about the attention to the real voices and what not I would love to hear SVG ripping apart somebody!
I was asking about this in the questions thread. No one has responded yet but I am trying to turn him off. He is starting to be annoying. Presentation is so well done this year. This is my minor gripe. Hopefully we can turn him. He starts repeating the same thing too

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 04:51 PM   #4
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmac0322
I was asking about this in the questions thread. No one has responded yet but I am trying to turn him off. He is starting to be annoying. Presentation is so well done this year. This is my minor gripe. Hopefully we can turn him. He starts repeating the same thing too

He is there to assist you in game strategy, they only have pre-recording for real coaches.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:56 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
He is there to assist you in game strategy, they only have pre-recording for real coaches.
I knew there were pointers in what he says. It just gets really repetitive. And every team has the same two assistant coaches lol. In the my league that is cool that it ends up being the retired star

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »