Home

Official NBA 2K16 Accessories Thread

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2K16 Accessories Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 10:34 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Official NBA 2K16 Accessories Thread

Honestly, this is bothering me more than the game thinking I am holding my LS up every 5 seconds (literally, it keeps breaking my isolations. The bug needs addressing).

Anyway, even the CAP has limited options and the accessories logo placement is either non existent or wrong.

That's the way Adidas knee pads look.

We should have the option for compression tanks or shirts, not just on half sleeves. We should have the option for compression pants or shorts... THEN, there should be layering. Handle it like tattoos or creating sneakers in terms of layers (no moving/size) and give us options. For example;

I equip compression pants. Now, I can put Adidas knee pads on. Then, I can choose my sock style/color and size. Then, I can choose if I want my socks tucked into the compression pants (layered before the pants) or outside (layered after the pants). Then I can equipped whatever ankle setup I want whether it be braces, wraps or Adidas braces. All while being able to select team colors, or any other solid color I want. This accompanied by some realism in terms of design and logo placement from the art department would take care of accessories.

Who would complain if you could simply equip what real NBA players wear. Go into a Models store, take a look at the WIDE selection of UA, Nike, Adidas, or any other major brand's compression gear. There is so many sick options with dope logos, designs and colors. Why deprive your game of further amazement when all you have to do is simply copy what you see in the store? They don't have to reinvent anything here. It's all out there. Army fatigue compression pants, neon colored compression shirts.. You name it. Just copy it and PLEASE give us the option.

They have the ability to add to the store with the new engine so perhaps we will see some of this stuff added as the games settle in, the updates download and the fixes roll out. Until then, the only thing I am impressed with is the tattoos.

Oh, and don't get me started on hair styles...
Old 09-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #18
Rookie

I guess I'll just post this here then. But I am with you guys. I am all for customization, and the way they handle it is dumb.

First off there is the stupid short sleeve shirt glitch which bugs me out.

Next is this year they decided to limit your NBA Home and Away choices for accesories. I can no longer decide if I want whatever color sleeve I want on or whatever color headband, now I am limited to 3 choices.

The removal of the ability to design your own brand sneakers ****ing (excuse me) sucks. That was a huge part of the game was getting your shoe deal and designing your own shoe to use. And now, I cant even freaking create one outside of My Career and then equip it because it has to be a colorway shoe?? I am sorry but I just don't understand these decisions. It is dumb, limits our fun, and it makes no sense since it was fine last year.

Also does anyone thing the MyStore menu is just plain non intuitive?? You pick an area to customize (left arm, right arm, whatever) and THEN have to switch between each uniform (MyPark, NBA Home, NBA Away). If you say go to NBA Home and switch the area to right arm to left arm, it resets back to the My Park guy.. SO dumb.

At this point, I am over the fact that you have to pay RIDICULOUS amounts of VC for almost everything (7,500 for MY CREATED SHOES)

I can earn VC, I just want something freaking intuitive.

Come on 2K!!!
Old 09-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #19
Rookie

Can someone tell me if they have compression pants in my career yet? It's crazy if they don't because players have been wearing them for years now and our player has yet to see it.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:04 AM   #20
Rookie

Is anyone else having this problem with created draft classes?

When editing players the right wrist accessory isn't available. While scrolling through it skips right over it. Both the accessory and the color.
Old 09-28-2015, 09:13 AM   #21
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
How can you still not change the length of your players socks in MyCareer after 3 years? This is insane.

2k needs to go back to just having the standard edit player screen as the place where you dress your player for a regular nba game, and leave that 2k store/closet stuff for MyPark and cutscenes.

That way we have all the normal options and team colours, etc. that are given to the nba players.
agreed x 1000. THANK YOU

I don't know of any other sports game on the market that doesn't let you customize your career player with basic sports-related accessories and apparel from the get-go, let alone force you to grind and waste coins on it instead of improving your player.

Like for real. Maybe game 1 I wanna wear knee length black socks, game 2 switch them to my team color, game 3 drop them to ankle length and add an alt team color arm sleeve. This should theoretically be done in the edit player section before each game. In reality it's half not even possible (sock length) and will cost you your entire salary from those three games combined.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 10:57 AM   #22
Pro

If read my earlier post, you will see my stance on socks and everything else is spot on and easy to impliment.

But, does anyone else feel like at this point we shouldn't be begging for BASIC accessories? Like, at this point, there should be so many options collected from each generation of 2K games, that it blows our mind.

Instead, we not only do NOT get the options we want (likely because they have bugs and 2K is going to add them back during the year such as compression shorts and tanks like they did last year and then randomly took them away), but they keep taking things AWAY.

I feel like we keep going backwards in this department. Like I said earlier, all you have to do is copy what is out there. Even the Adidas knee-pads we DO have, has no logo placement and doesn't look like the real thing.

I'm sorry, I don't usually call 2K greedy; but what other excuse is there for lack of accessories except for the fact that the VC store causes issues so they exclude what we want?
Old 09-28-2015, 11:50 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
It's truly mind boggling. I don't understand it.

We all need to stick together though. There are a lot of people who care about this stuff but don't have the outlet to be heard.

The devs need to see it and treat this with the same importance as they do other parts of the game.
Yeah I hear you about sticking together hopefully a dev see's this thread! 3 years no sock height change along with other accessories 3 years is a long time and it's like no one wants to fix it.

It's heart breaking because I thought this would be the year. These visual components are very important to us. The reason we play My Career is because we want to feel like we play in the NBA! So when the flexibility is gone it takes us out of the immersion.

I was going to start a new My Career and pay a ton of VC like I did in 2K14 and 2K15 but couldn't do it this year once I got to the accessories screen.

I ended up creating a My League and putting a created player in there. :/
Old 09-28-2015, 05:55 PM   #24
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

So, I play for the Hornets in MyPlayer, and the only color arm sleeves I can equip are:

home: white/black
road: purple/black/white

a) why can't I wear a colored sleeve at home?

b) why can't I wear any teal accessories?

It seems like the one that's supposed to be "your team's colors" will *always* be the color of whatever jersey you're wearing. So if your home jersey is white, your accessories options at home are: white, black, or your team color (which in this case is white). So you can have white twice, and black. WTF is that? Please fix this 2K. I should be able to wear purple/teal/black/white accessories both home or away.

Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary team colors should be options for all accessories for all 30 teams, as well as black or white. This is really annoying me right now.

Last edited by Madden's Jowels; 09-28-2015 at 06:26 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »