Home

Advice on how to play better?

This is a discussion on Advice on how to play better? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Advice on how to play better?

So, I just lucked out and got 2k16 for free w/PS Plus. Pretty cool. Until now I had been playing NBA Live 10 and then 2K14 for the past year or so. I was really good at Live 10 and I am pretty good at 2k14.

I thought there wouldn't be too much different between 14 and 16 but man it's a lot different.

My first game, playing as the Kings versus Knicks, I lost by 50. I mean, I know how the basic controls, but I noticed the back-down button is different. Part of my struggle will be getting used to the interface and presentation, which looks a bit frustrating with substitution delay. Cousins got 4 early fouls because I couldn't get him out of the game even though there were free throws shot in between fouls. Should I just pause the game and manually do it?

What about defensive schemes? On 2k14 I would manually set defensive intensity factors on each opponent player (play tight - sag off - soft hedge - etc) but I didn't see any player-by-player option, but only an overall intensity. I tried to half court press at times, so it seems like you can still do that.

I do a lot of P&R and I eventually got it going well, but again a button change and it will take some getting used to. I am going to watch the shooting tutorials, especially since I am a hardcore button presser for shooting instead of the stick although I fiddle with it here and there but half the time my player will do something else and miss a wide open layup or dunk on 2k14 anyway with the shot stick.

Do you wait until the meter turns yellow before you release? Because I'm getting a lot of loose jumpers and held out follow throughs and lots of bricks? What happened to a jumpshot with good form? I was able to have 20+ with McLemore but most people like Belinelli had funky jump shots.

I'm playing with an up to date roster that I fetched from user rosters and default sliders. The Knicks scored 126 on me, which I guess is realistic, and my defense was horrible. I play 10 minute quarters, but I worry it might need some tweaking because they were making too many contested shots and layups in traffic.

Passing looks like the most challenge, especially alley oops which I hear are annoyingly low in this game. At least I managed to get some dunks. And it seems impossible to steal the ball or block shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
Pro

Themayorofawsometown's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Advice on how to play better?

For your substitution problem hit down on the d-pad to quick sub

Sent from my N9130 using Tapatalk
Miami Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »