Home

Two fouls that need to go....

This is a discussion on Two fouls that need to go.... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 06:14 AM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Two fouls that need to go....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
I think if you read the OP you'll see that the issue isn't that he jumped at the pump fake, but that his player landed short but was warped into the contact animation since there was a shot attempt.

As to the other foul, yeah, I hate it. I've been able to get some verticality calls but by and large standing with your arms up doesn't happen as often as it should.

Right...tried to specify that in the OP

Of course these fouls occur in the NBA.....both of them....but there's a reason they occur.

If the second foul example occurred because maybe I had the aggressive trigger held down too tight...or pushing up against the post man with the stick or something in good with that....but as of now it's random....unless there is something I am missing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 07:26 AM   #18
Rookie

Peninc's Arena

OVR: 7

They happen just as how they do in real life. No complaints here.
Old 09-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Maybe I have to see videos but outside of that animation you says looks "ugly" all the fouls I'm reading I see in the NBA. Even that blocking foul. A lot of fouls that shouldn't get called happens in the NBA. I'm glad they are in the game. There are so many times I get pissed because my team were on the front end of a bad call. So to see it happen in 2k is good.

I agree, it feels like a real game when your team gets a bad call.

Sent from a stoner in New Orleans
Old 09-28-2015, 10:11 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
You aren't listening. Bad fouls ARE NOT good in a videogame. Especially when you can abuse them. Or when they only favor the computer. Much of what goes on in this game is one-sided.
I've only seen the "Good defense" blocking foul on the perimeter once, and it was in my favor against Andre Iguodala. It might be a way to counterbalance the aggressiveness of great wing defenders.
Old 09-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #21
MVP

cam21224's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
1) The auto shot fake foul. I had a play earlier today where Diaw jumped out at Dirk, (late contest so he would've landed short)...but since Dirk pump faked be "double jumps" and goes into the contact animation. It was UGLY...and shows the fundamental problem with this foul. It should only trigger if we actually put a shot ups

2) The standing contact foul. A player gets the ball in the post....the player goes for a a shot, the body's collide and it's called a foul. This foul is such a bailout. Even though it's helped me at times, it's hurt me in others. There's no real rhyme or reason to it. I could see if it triggered when you were bodying up the post man...but it's pretty random...

Hopefully everyone gets what I'm talking about, will update with vids later

Agree on both, number 1 definitely has to go. I attempted a pump fake last night with Bosh, it went into a automatic shot without my control resulting in two free throws.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #22
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

The auto foul on pump fake pisses me off bc Id rather drive by the guy in the air but get forced to shoot free throws
Old 09-28-2015, 11:53 AM   #23
MVP

rawdog805's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSpiritHunterX
Also the random blocking fouls when a player starts driving. I've seen at least 3 instances where I was given a blocking foul simply for trying to play a driving defender with no buttons pressed or even pushing towards the ball handler. But these fouls are good enough to me as I see more free throw attempts this year than any other year luckily

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
I disagree with this one. I absolutely love this foul. It gives the game more realism, because in a real game if you play too tight and continue to bump the PG off you will get called for this foul all day long.

XBox One GT: rawdog805

Twitch: dufflebag_ran

Steam: rawdog805
Old 10-22-2015, 03:34 PM   #24
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

There needs to be some kind of logic behind these fouls....I'm not pressing anything here

https://vid.me/uKiV

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »