Home

Hard to make shots in mycareer

This is a discussion on Hard to make shots in mycareer within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

OVR: 0
Hard to make shots in mycareer

I am a 88 ovr in my career boosted my shooting to upgrade all the way. Can bearly make threes and I can't even create enough spacing to shoot a mid range. It's starting to tick me off any tips?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Hard to make shots in mycareer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoneandbigboi
I am a 88 ovr in my career boosted my shooting to upgrade all the way. Can bearly make threes and I can't even create enough spacing to shoot a mid range. It's starting to tick me off any tips?

Wait for a fix.

Currently, CPU defenders aren't bumping into screens (at least for me). They are just sliding around them while not changing their animation from the defensive stance. Seems like a bug. This is only happening to defenders defending me and not the CPU. Auto layup choices are also way off. My guy keeps going to revers clutch layups when a simply left hand finger roll will do the trick. However, that is easily fixed with using the RS.

I, like you, also cannot take even late contested shots. Maybe badges will fix this but unless my defender is miles away from me, it is considered a "bad shot". I play on HOF and am still shooting around 40-50%, but it is getting to me a little. I set a screen or run my plays (I usually run plays every time up the floor), my defender runs right into the screen but acts like it's not even there. I isolate a little and create a nice opening for a shot and it's considered a D grade. Yet, the CPU can set a screen and take a short step back to land a nice three behind the screen. I really like this because it's super realistic, but for some reason when I take the shot, defenders that are not right in my face are still considered as being such.

I liked it better in 2K15 where the defender had to be right on you or you had to be right on the shooter for it to be contested. Much more realistic. However, it does seem like a bug because the CPU is able to pull it off. We usually get a patch soon after release that fixes little things like this.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what they did with on ball defense this year. Finally, my player is assisted in grabbing who he's defending even as a low rated player and I feel like I am doing well on defense. But offense needs major tweaking. It feels realistic in terms of the way the defender moves, but they have way too much room for error at the moment.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:45 PM   #3
Rookie

theoneandbigboi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
Wait for a fix.

Currently, CPU defenders aren't bumping into screens (at least for me). They are just sliding around them while not changing their animation from the defensive stance. Seems like a bug. This is only happening to defenders defending me and not the CPU. Auto layup choices are also way off. My guy keeps going to revers clutch layups when a simply left hand finger roll will do the trick. However, that is easily fixed with using the RS.

I, like you, also cannot take even late contested shots. Maybe badges will fix this but unless my defender is miles away from me, it is considered a "bad shot". I play on HOF and am still shooting around 40-50%, but it is getting to me a little. I set a screen or run my plays (I usually run plays every time up the floor), my defender runs right into the screen but acts like it's not even there. I isolate a little and create a nice opening for a shot and it's considered a D grade. Yet, the CPU can set a screen and take a short step back to land a nice three behind the screen. I really like this because it's super realistic, but for some reason when I take the shot, defenders that are not right in my face are still considered as being such.

I liked it better in 2K15 where the defender had to be right on you or you had to be right on the shooter for it to be contested. Much more realistic. However, it does seem like a bug because the CPU is able to pull it off. We usually get a patch soon after release that fixes little things like this.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE what they did with on ball defense this year. Finally, my player is assisted in grabbing who he's defending even as a low rated player and I feel like I am doing well on defense. But offense needs major tweaking. It feels realistic in terms of the way the defender moves, but they have way too much room for error at the moment.
I am playing on superstar. I might drop down to pro

Old 09-27-2015, 10:47 PM   #4
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

They will adjust shooting almost definitely. Too many of these threads will get it higher than we need.

Ps. I'm making shots with a 62 rating. Just not consistently. It IS possible to shoot. Just maybe not where you want.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:52 PM   #5
Pro

Mbunn1993's Arena

OVR: 4

Whatever side you are taking a pick from, hold the ball in the oppisite way, then hesitate and cross to the pick

So if you are getting a pick from the left, keep the ball in your right hand, hesitate to the right, then quickly crossover to the left into the pick
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 10:56 PM   #6
Pro

So you're shooting 40-50%, which is pretty damn good in the NBA and it upsets you? This is why the game was **** before because everyone wants to shoot 75%...
Old 09-27-2015, 11:05 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
So you're shooting 40-50%, which is pretty damn good in the NBA and it upsets you? This is why the game was **** before because everyone wants to shoot 75%...
Lol. As a 68 OVR I shoot 60%+ on HoF.

The problem is that the gameplay isn't realistic. The 1v1 defense in this game is way too sticky for the CPU. I lol'ed when KD and LBJ can't shake people like Ibaka and Pekovic 1v1. They keeps getting bumped to oblivion.

AI-controlled superstar speed freaks like KD and Westbrook can't even get open after a double screen. Their defender just ignores all the screens. And they can't go 1v1, which for people like KD and LBJ should be ATM time. So what's left in the offense? Meanwhile my defense makes boneheaded decisions every time.

So how do you win? You have to cheese. That's how I get such a high FG%. And I don't like to play like that. Many people don't. That's why they complain.

If picks don't work, you can't play basketball. Simple as that.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:51 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

so many people are used to 2k15. Sad.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »