Home

NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside)

This is a discussion on NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA2k16 Computer On ball D issue (vid inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge
Idk how often you actually go to replays to see what's really happening, but this is a very very common issue not some one off thing.
I've been working on mastering iso motion none stop since friday and I can recreate this very often. If you would like more proof I can make more videos of it

And Even if the defense is realistic "most of the time" according to you, this thread isn't about those times, it's about when it isn't realistic. I don't understand why you think fixing this sucktion cup animation will ruin everything else
what are you talking about? I think fixing this "suction cup" animation would actually make the game even better. I'm just saying that let's not overreact now, it's still a pretty isolated glitch and overall CPU on-ball defense is still fantastic. When this glitch is fixed it will be even more fantastic.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:32 PM   #74
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Just a collection of the blow by vid’s I have posted….mostly against big men since we were discussing that in particular:

https://vid.me/12pH

https://vid.me/lOfw

https://vid.me/x2hD

https://vid.me/nKXa

https://vid.me/IR8I

https://vid.me/nKXa

I see this a lot in my games...so while this absolutely\100% should be worked on...I think that's why things have still been enjoyable for me....
That first video probably irks me the most because it looks so simple but i can never do that. One thing i noticed is that's Damian so maybe a combination of his speed and badges helps a ton. My buddy did tell me that badges help. However, the video in OP is almost exactly what i experience.

Even when I'm being pressed full court i get separation and I'm trying to keep my speed but the defender will start gaining on me and magically slow me down from behind till he can appear right in front of me. Ill get video later (if my ps4 will let me upload) and show you.

I'm not saying its not impossible or even a challenge to get by the cpu on all star even, it's just way too frequently sub par defenders play like Tony Allen.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
That first video probably irks me the most because it looks so simple but i can never do that. One thing i noticed is that's Damian so maybe a combination of his speed and badges helps a ton. My buddy did tell me that badges help. However, the video in OP is almost exactly what i experience.

Even when I'm being pressed full court i get separation and I'm trying to keep my speed but the defender will start gaining on me and magically slow me down from behind till he can appear right in front of me. Ill get video later (if my ps4 will let me upload) and show you.

I'm not saying its not impossible or even a challenge to get by the cpu on all star even, it's just way too frequently sub par defenders play like Tony Allen.
here's another thing people don't realize--

sub-par defenders will actually tend to sag off of you instead of trying to play you up tight, because they know they're at a disadvantage

so if you see that happening, the best option may not be trying to blow past them in iso-motion, but instead just step back for an open jumper

blows my mind people forget that's an option when taking on a defender one-on-one
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #76
Banned

I've mastered dribbling to the point where I can do this but still not get past the CPU more than 5% of the time with ANYTHING I know...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
it's not about being able to get passed your man everytime, stop cape-ing for the game and look at the context of the video, if your defender is that far out of position, there is no way they should be able to recover in a split second.

You guys are literally okay with random bump animations that don't make sense in the context of the situation ??
Ok let's say you blow by defenders, what are you trying to do with the rock(basketball) you can't just blow by someone without a game plan. basketball is a game of angels you will get cut off quickly..watch your angles that's all i'm saying.
Old 09-28-2015, 12:37 PM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadzier
what are you talking about? I think fixing this "suction cup" animation would actually make the game even better. I'm just saying that let's not overreact now, it's still a pretty isolated glitch and overall CPU on-ball defense is still fantastic. When this glitch is fixed it will be even more fantastic.
And I'm telling you just cuz you may or may not be going to look at replays constantly doesn't mean it's an isolated glitch, 24th letter just posted like 7 videos after that. This happens very frequently. And I can make 10 more videos showing the same thing when I get off work if you would like. If you want it fixed stop coming in here undermining this thread.

Ive been a member on this forum since like 2k8, look at my post count and realize. I wouldn't make a thread off just one random "one of" infrequent glitch smh
Old 09-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmaXmius101
Ok let's say you blow by defenders, what are you trying to do with the rock(basketball) you can't just blow by someone without a game plan. basketball is a game of angels you will get cut off quickly..watch your angles that's all i'm saying.

Did Tony Wroten not do a dribble move? Did he not have the angle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #80
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Idk how often you actually go to replays to see what's really happening, but this is a very very common issue not some one off thing.
I've been working on mastering iso motion none stop since friday and I can recreate this very often. If you would like more proof I can make more videos of it

And Even if the defense is realistic "most of the time" according to you, this thread isn't about those times, it's about when it isn't realistic. I don't understand why you think fixing this sucktion cup animation will ruin everything else
Okay, let's be fair. The game is not realistic 100% of the time. However, I'm totally against trying to fix something that's a very rare occurrence. Out of 10 tries, if it only happens once, then that's a good day in my book. Hell, I'll give you two. However, if it's happening most times than not, then I'll start to question whether or not it's a problem.

Right now, I've been mostly successful, so I'm not that overly concern about it. I get upset when I SWEAR that I had a open look and I get my **** blocked to the third row. However, I'm not going to start complaining and ask that they patch the closeout speed.

In reality, was it as open as I thought it was, or do I need to merely adjust? I saw the video. I get it. In my mind, the ball handler wasn't that explosive to begin with. Russel did make a mistake, but he's pretty athletic too. To me, it probably was suppose to be more of a "backpedal" move to get back in position from the side and to bump the ball handler off his course. I just don't think there's a true animation to replicate that.

In real life, I have done that stupid mistake, but I have long legs. I can backpedal quick enough to recover on the ball handler from the side. I might not get directly in front of you, but I can disrupt you enough to slow you down. HOWEVER, if you had some crazy *** speed burst from your first step, well...hopefully my big can stop you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »