Home

A fundamental problem with MyLeague / MyGM modes

This is a discussion on A fundamental problem with MyLeague / MyGM modes within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #9
Rookie

davez's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: A fundamental problem with MyLeague / MyGM modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Could you look into steals? Seems like a sim stat issue & not a ratings one. Shawn Marion only gets 0.9 with an 80 rating & Nash is getting 2+ with only a 60 rating. They have the exact same tendencies for steals. Also Kawhi has been consistently low every time I've simmed.
If the issue is with the first season steals values, patch 2 should produce improved results. As for steals in later year, particularly when the league is all or mostly-generated players, I looked at trying to tune those pretty extensively for a couple of weeks and had zero luck in making any differences.

I feel good about points, assists, rebounds, and blocks in years with completely-generated players based on the hundreds of 80-year soaks that have been run, but nothing I could change with the templates could get a good balance for steals. League leader in steals dips to ~1.8 spg. There appears to be some fundamental issue that won't be something we can fix with a patch. Hopefully, it's something we can get to the bottom of for 2K17...
Novato, CA, USA

Official MyGM / MyLEAGUE / MLO 2K19 Wish List
Old 11-29-2015, 02:14 AM   #10
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Both the Shot and Touches tendencies are supposed to progress based on how much a player develops or regresses offensively.

Are you sure you saw them not progress? Did you pick a few players, simmed a season at a time, noted those tendencies for them and they were the same? If so, that's a bug we need to look into. But the design is definitely for them to progress.
Ok so i've had some time to play the game, and i still feel the same way. Player PPG doesn't seem to progress much. And if it does, it must be subtle. All the other stat progression is fine. Would it be possible to tune it so that tendency ratings are more turbulent from season to season?

My suggestion would be to make the Touches tendency to "stick" to offensive ability more, so then Touches increases/decreases at the same rate as their offensive ratings. If Touches was more "magnetized" to offensive attributes then it can get recalculated every year based on actual player ability.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 8

Agree with some thoughts in this thread. Touches and tendencies have long been a bit of an issue. The main reason is simple: touches and tendencies are related to your teammates and your gameplan IRL. For example Kevin Love should have reduced touches and lower shot tendencies on the Cavs than he did with the Twolves. He simply is the 2nd or 3rd option rather than option 1.

As players get drafted, traded, move around, or simply progress, touch ratings and tendencies simply have to change. I can guarantee you that Towns will be touching the ball a lot more in 3 years than now. I can guarantee you the same for guys like Winslow or Stanley Johnson or Russell. And to correspond with their development into go to guys (if their teams are lucky and drafted well), players around them should have reduced touches and shot tendencies.

I've found the most success with sim stats in my franchises in the past by constantly adjusting touches and tendencies. I edit each and every draft class for those (even if I download them). Then once each team has their roster complete for the season, I assess who would be the go to players, who would be the 2nd through 4th options, etc. I edit touches, shot tendencies, pass tendencies, etc. accordingly.

I do agree that having this be a part of the gameplan might be a solution to this issue. Again while a good young player may (and I say may) progress in touches and shot tendency at the same time as he improves, it still dosnt' solve the issues with teammates touches being adjusted to correspond with the change in the team's "pecking order." Having it be part of the gaempan allows for this. Even have it so that the AI can do this activity for you if you so chose, but the let the player set up the touches and tendencies. It might also be nice to be able to edit on a game by game basis. I might want Andre Drummond to get a heck of a lot more touches against Greg Monroe or Zaza than I would against DeAndre Jordan or Tyson Chandler. Teams obviously adjust their gameplans based on their opponent, doing their best to exploit the weaker defensive players and potential mismatches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2015, 12:26 PM   #12
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Didn't there used to be an option in MyLeague where you could go in and assign who your 1st, 2nd and 3rd scoring options are? I haven't jump into franchise mode yet. Is it still there and does the touch tendency override that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »