Home

Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches??

This is a discussion on Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 08:15 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Match

I'm sure I'll read a thread one day complaining that an opponent who scored more baskets than someone else, was using "scoring the basketball cheese".
Old 09-29-2015, 08:31 AM   #50
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Re: Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
I'm sure I'll read a thread one day complaining that an opponent who scored more baskets than someone else, was using "scoring the basketball cheese".
Didn't make sense...

I would be interested in seeing video footage of a team on ANY level cherry picking on every possession. If you have some, feel free to post it.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 09-29-2015 at 08:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:45 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Didn't make sense...

I would be interested in seeing video footage of a team on ANY level cherry picking on every possession. If you have some, feel free to post it.
Sarcasm. Absolutely anything in this game that is successful is considered by someone else to be cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #52
MVP

OVR: 9

I don't know if it helps you or not but most of the guys play the game and don't know much about a basketball defense rule is that don't shoot if you're the closest to your own basket, which in return means a must for defender to leak out on offense and if the shot missed your d is nowhere near that guy already leaked out.
This translates in the game for years and it's one of the must know for guys who actually played basketball 5 on 5.
So maybe this can help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2015, 09:15 AM   #53
Rookie

I been doing outlet passes since ps2

In recent years My passes fly out of bounds more than they should only because i play with weak teams

Using a good team or player like Melo those passes never fly out of bounds .. Favortism is heavy in 2k

As far as it being cheese i wouldnt say it is. Its a part of defensive strategy . Stop taking dumb shots and being repetitive on offense. Mix it up and keep the opponent on his heels.

Stop crashing and run in transition
Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 AM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitdabull
I been doing outlet passes since ps2

In recent years My passes fly out of bounds more than they should only because i play with weak teams

Using a good team or player like Melo those passes never fly out of bounds .. Favortism is heavy in 2k

As far as it being cheese i wouldnt say it is. Its a part of defensive strategy . Stop taking dumb shots and being repetitive on offense. Mix it up and keep the opponent on his heels.

Stop crashing and run in transition
First, you are admitting your are doing cherrypicking since ps2. So you are a confessed cheeser. Congrats!

Second, i take smart shots. Its not about making dumb shots or being repetitive on offense. Its about my transition D that is extremely slow and the cherrypicker gets a speed boost to complete the cherrypick. If, in addition, you add Melo/Lebron/Durant playing as a PG all game long, then you are screwed and unable to stop the cherry picking.
Old 09-29-2015, 10:33 AM   #55
Rookie

Dlee3's Arena

Yea, this most def need tweaking. On Pro-AM I play a PF with a 30 something passing and I be looking like Aaron Rodgers with my passing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 11:34 AM   #56
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Sarcasm. Absolutely anything in this game that is successful is considered by someone else to be cheese.
So you like cherry picking on every possession, and you think that's a "good" offense? Perhaps you're not grasping what's being explained here...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »