Home

Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches??

This is a discussion on Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Matches?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 08:45 AM   #65
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Match

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
Isn't it a good thing to have the cpu do things that a human competitor would?

I do commend you on adjusting your game to deal with the threat and adjusting your game to win. This is exactly what I hope most, if not all, knowledgeable people would do. Well done.

Thanks sir. I'm old school man.

Adjust before complain....

I'm way too stubborn for that, haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 10:11 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Exploit of the year CHERRY PICK & Football passes ARE BACK for Online Quick Match

This is absolutely a problem. I had several instances where guys were cherry picking off of made baskets and got dunks before any of my defenders got back on D. That's unacceptable.

I had A guy just camp lebron under his own basket for 4 quarters and while I shot better than 60%, his team shot %75 and LeBron scored 50 simply because of that.

Now I know not every score results in a quick inbounds pass, but enough of them do to make this a viable tactic. Not to mention you're going to inevitably miss some open shots even playing 5 on 4, and every one of those that gets rebounded turns into an auto-dunk.

I understand the concept of taking good shots, but when the ball goes through the ****ing hoop, that should be a transition-free zone, at least for layups and dunks.

This is something that should be fairly simple to patch. I expect it will be.

Last edited by Kstat; 10-01-2015 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:31 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kstat
This is absolutely a problem. I had several instances where guys were cherry picking off of made baskets and got dunks before any of my defenders got back on D. That's unacceptable.

I had A guy just camp lebron under his own basket for 4 quarters and while I shot better than 60%, his team shot %75 and LeBron scored 50 simply because of that.

Now I know not every score results in a quick inbounds pass, but enough of them do to make this a viable tactic. Not to mention you're going to inevitably miss some open shots even playing 5 on 4, and every one of those that gets rebounded turns into an auto-dunk.

I understand the concept of taking good shots, but when the ball goes through the ****ing hoop, that should be a transition-free zone, at least for layups and dunks.

This is something that should be fairly simple to patch. I expect it will be.
That's pretty SAD. Sad but true. People camping under the basket using Lebron/Melo/Durant as PG all game long makes the cherrypicking simply UNSTOPPABLE.
Even though you put Limit Transition and whatever tactic the system provides for, your transitions D is glued and slow getting back as opposed to the cherrypickng who gets a Speed Boost on steroids. Its like the game incentives the quick fast speedy layups coming from the cherrypick.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:35 AM   #68
Rookie

this is an interesting topic. I am nba rank online and have over 30 wins with the knicks, so i have experience. From my experience, a lot of people do try to do football passes, the problem with that is this games AI is very smart therefore doing something multiple times will eventually be stopped. IF i were you I would run back with the big men to get close enough then would change players because only computer steals are usually successful sadly, if you try you will probably tip the ball and it will find its way back to one of the opponents teammates. While it is annoying some football passes still go over their heads so its not too bad. Honestly there isnt much cheese used online besides maybe the pick and roll cheese by users who know exactly how to make your player magnetize to the screen setter and go the opposite way. Its mainly about adjustments.

I love online besides everyone using the cavs lol. Only issue is the fact that when you are locking up your opponent with user defense, after a couple of plays they always seem to get fouls and and ones to sort of, keep them in the game. Very annoying.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:58 AM   #69
Banned

I am on forsure board with this being a problem now after my last chunk of matches. It's really crappy because I use teams with 2 bigs mostly, so they can't get back in time even on normal inbounds.

Teams like Cavs, Thunder, GS, the usual...can and will abuse the crap out of this.

I just hope they fix it, but DO NOT slow down inbounding again I HATE HATE HATED that. A easy fix would be to have defenses get back quicker and stop fiddling around taking their time to turn around.

If it's a steal or great defensive stop/block absolutely you should get rewarded a fast break if not wide open one. I love wide open breaks from steals, but not off of a made shot on the other end or a missed layup.

I like that bigs move slower, but allow them to turn around and be smarter on getting back. I am literally grabbing these guys and SPRINTING back full turbo after every shot and they still get beat by stupid Lebron cherry pick baseline dunks.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 11:05 AM   #70
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
this is an interesting topic. I am nba rank online and have over 30 wins with the knicks, so i have experience. From my experience, a lot of people do try to do football passes, the problem with that is this games AI is very smart therefore doing something multiple times will eventually be stopped. IF i were you I would run back with the big men to get close enough then would change players because only computer steals are usually successful sadly, if you try you will probably tip the ball and it will find its way back to one of the opponents teammates. While it is annoying some football passes still go over their heads so its not too bad. Honestly there isnt much cheese used online besides maybe the pick and roll cheese by users who know exactly how to make your player magnetize to the screen setter and go the opposite way. Its mainly about adjustments.

I love online besides everyone using the cavs lol. Only issue is the fact that when you are locking up your opponent with user defense, after a couple of plays they always seem to get fouls and and ones to sort of, keep them in the game. Very annoying.
I want to touch on this subject. Is the AI REALLY successful at disrupting/steal the pass? I haven't played anyone who exclusively used this tactic (yet, but I know they're coming), so I'm basing my experience on previous titles. The problem was that user couldn't time the steal/deflection accurately regardless if you knew that it was going to happen. Of course, that's assuming you didn't deflect it another offensive player.

In the past games, the AI was dumb as rocks. You could run the player to defend, and switch off; however, the player world "seek" it's matchup instead of tracking the ball for the steal.

If this is a viable option, then I'll give up my "play my own defense mentality" since the AI will intercept those passes more times than not.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #71
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The AI is the best it's been in a long time as far as deflecting obvious passes in traffic IMO

Some still get through of course...but it's much improved
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #72
Pro

zrohman's Arena

I just hope they don't try to fix this by making full court passes impossible.... NBA players could cherry pick all day in real life. ... and most full court passes are successful. .

But the difference is they can adjust in real life. I haven't seen this issue but if there is legitimate adjustment and even the best of players can't stop it, that's probably just an a.i issue.

Please don't band aid by ruining full court passes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »