Home

My online experience so far

This is a discussion on My online experience so far within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My online experience so far

Hey Guys and Gals,

This is my first time posting a thread here on OS so I thought I would give this a go. I apologize if there is a similar thread already posted regarding the online portion of the game. I've been playing the pre-order edition of 2k for a couple of days and I wanted to come on here to see what everyone's experience has been like.

I would like to say that first off, the gameplay in this year's 2k is amazing! In my opinion, the controls of a good game (regardless of genre) should feel like an extension of your physical body and 2k16 accomplishes that. Playing the game just feels natural and I know how to pull of moves without even thinking. The amount of control that you have in your hand makes the defensive side of the ball more fun to play than on the offensive side. The controls, physics, foot-planting, atmosphere, make 2k a very enjoyable and highly competitive game. If I lose a game in 2k16, it's not because of what the game did..it's what I did/didn't do and I can live with that.

All of this however is negated when i start playing online head to head games. There is a noticeable amount of input lag (which has been going on for me since 2k9) that quite frankly makes this online mode not enjoyable. The game changes from a really good chess match to a game of "whose the best in playing in lag". I have a 17 down and 1.5 up internet connection so I know the issue is not on my end. I'm not sure if we are allowed to compare our experience to other games so I will not mention there names in this post but there are other sports games that I play where the online experience is spot on with the offline experience. MyPark is the smoothest online mode that I've played with very little to no lag in most of the games I've played in there. I find that ironic since mypark can have six users playing at one time where online head to head only has two. I've tried to get into a number of Pro-AM games but I have yet to play in a game. I don't play MyTeam so I can't speak for that.

I really want to play online H2H but the competitiveness and fun factor of the mode is totally removed when my inputs take a .5 sec to execute. I would like to know what you all have experienced in regards to the online aspect of the game and see if it's consistent with what I'm experiencing. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »