Home

SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again

This is a discussion on SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 07:52 PM   #73
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
People keep saying the game is balanced when it clearly isn't.

I made another thread in which this was brought up as well.When you are using shot stick timing, it is like 3's are set to "real FG %" while midrange is set to "Shot stick timing"

you can consistently get perfect mid range releases basically at will if you are open....if you are open from 3 you get them basically never

it just doesn't make sense at all

if you are going to make it impossible to get greens from 3.....make them hard as f*** from midrange as well

Open 3's go in less than mid range jumpers, but it isn't a drastic difference. That's why open 3's are more efficient IRL -.-

No greens on 3's were 2k's way to stopping cheesing from deep.....but evidently they just left midrange jumpers alone

if you don't believe me, throw it on superstar/sim and go into practice with durant, set it to shot stick....see how many perfects you get from 3 and how you can basically get them at will from midrange

it is glaringly obvious
Perhaps it's 2K Sports way of encouraging players to use mid-range jumpers instead of chucking and relying on 3's? I have noticed the difference in the number of times I get an excellent release between the two shots in practice mode, so I just changed my gameplan to take a 3PT shot when I'm absolutely open or within the flow of the offense. I use the Pacers in online games, and I shoot slightly above or below 39% minus the games where I fell in love with the 3PT shot.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:01 PM   #74
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
People keep saying the game is balanced when it clearly isn't.

I made another thread in which this was brought up as well.When you are using shot stick timing, it is like 3's are set to "real FG %" while midrange is set to "Shot stick timing"

you can consistently get perfect mid range releases basically at will if you are open....if you are open from 3 you get them basically never

it just doesn't make sense at all

if you are going to make it impossible to get greens from 3.....make them hard as f*** from midrange as well

Open 3's go in less than mid range jumpers, but it isn't a drastic difference. That's why open 3's are more efficient IRL -.-

No greens on 3's were 2k's way to stopping cheesing from deep.....but evidently they just left midrange jumpers alone

if you don't believe me, throw it on superstar/sim and go into practice with durant, set it to shot stick....see how many perfects you get from 3 and how you can basically get them at will from midrange

it is glaringly obvious
Have to agree with some of this I have been playing a bunch of Wizards games on SS sim and I couldn't get Beal going at all multiple times. I am like what is up with Beal could not get him going in multiple games. So I went in practice and practiced put up a bunch of shots with Beal was off more than on from 3. I have his release down but he just doesn't hit a good amount from three. Green releases from mid range no green perfects from 3 on the white line almost every time. I could not get a green release with him from three. I purposely shot at his hot spots probably took about 40 shots or so. Overall I can shoot better with Beal at midrange because he can get excellent releases from midrange but not from 3 and even though his rating at midrange is not even that good.

Just so that people know Beal shot 37% from 16-23 ft, and 37% from 10-15ft which is not very good but from 3pt range he was 40% which is very good. His 3pt rating is an 86 again very good. He doesn't have a hard release at all either. I also practiced with Dudley also rated 86 and I was clanking much more with him from 3.

In this game it is hard to get open shots even off plays the way the CPU comes off screens to contest.

Bradley Beal shot chart.

I would not say they set it to real fg% for 3pt. It is like it is capped like 3pt rating to be like 10% less. Something is wrong with the threes. Again I play with shot timing.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

We play HOF in our league. I can't even shoot consistently in practice with good shooters. Early release miss. Late release miss. You know Stephen Curry was rumored to hit 70 threes in a row in practice? I can barely even hit 2 in a row wide open in practice
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 08:13 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 5

U dont have to go over board like last year patch #4 there was to be a way to get wide open shots going in at a higher rate without ruining the game with ridiculously contested shots going in they just has to. A quality miss. B+ quality miss. There's basically no consistent shooting from 3
Old 10-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #77
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
U dont have to go over board like last year patch #4 there was to be a way to get wide open shots going in at a higher rate without ruining the game with ridiculously contested shots going in they just has to. A quality miss. B+ quality miss. There's basically no consistent shooting from 3
Haha I don't want patch 4 either. I would take real fg% from 3 and shot stick timing from midrange if they think you can cheese the 3's.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:20 PM   #78
Basketball Reasons

Drewski's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
Wide open early release miss..Wide open late release miss.. Wide open A quality miss.. Wide open B quality miss..

Really what's happened to rewarding people who move the ball to get an open look? The old shooting system when green wasn't an automatic make at least gave u a chance to shoot consistently wide open unless like this meter system.
Agree entirely. The reward for moving the ball and creating looks is minimal. It's to the point where all I want to do is get to the rim even if I kick out to a wide open player on the perimeter. The probability of it going in is slim compared to my chance to at least maybe draw a foul.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski
Agree entirely. The reward for moving the ball and creating looks is minimal. It's to the point where all I want to do is get to the rim even if I kick out to a wide open player on the perimeter. The probability of it going in is slim compared to my chance to at least maybe draw a foul.
The reward is definitely there. Why arent there more people posting shooting percentages?
Old 10-02-2015, 08:45 PM   #80
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Have to agree with some of this I have been playing a bunch of Wizards games on SS sim and I couldn't get Beal going at all multiple times. I am like what is up with Beal could not get him going in multiple games. So I went in practice and practiced put up a bunch of shots with Beal was off more than on from 3. I have his release down but he just doesn't hit a good amount from three. Green releases from mid range no green perfects from 3 on the white line almost every time. I could not get a green release with him from three. I purposely shot at his hot spots probably took about 40 shots or so. Overall I can shoot better with Beal at midrange because he can get excellent releases from midrange but not from 3 and even though his rating at midrange is not even that good.

Just so that people know Beal shot 37% from 16-23 ft, and 37% from 10-15ft which is not very good but from 3pt range he was 40% which is very good. His 3pt rating is an 86 again very good. He doesn't have a hard release at all either. I also practiced with Dudley also rated 86 and I was clanking much more with him from 3.

In this game it is hard to get open shots even off plays the way the CPU comes off screens to contest.

Bradley Beal shot chart.

I would not say they set it to real fg% for 3pt. It is like it is capped like 3pt rating to be like 10% less. Something is wrong with the threes. Again I play with shot timing.
Do you have any stats from a game? Or footage? Not only will it lend credence, but possibly open the door to some helpful advice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »