Home

SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again

This is a discussion on SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 03:33 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again

About shooting %, specially open 3s

I don't mind have 30%, 40%, since the CPU also does...

I forgot how many time i got really pissed for losing games when Durant, Irving, or someone else hit 6/7 6/9, 5/7 from 3 zone every single f.... game.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:40 PM   #50
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
A lot of you offline players are not playing the game on HOF or SIM so u dont understand the frustrations. I have the shot feedback on so I see the shot quality. WIDE OPEN shots, B- B C C-, slight late, slight early, missing with great shooters. Even FTs, great shooters missing a lot of FTs on slightly early or late. I don't want want to make every wide open shot thats the mistake u guys are assuming. But can i at least get a A or A- quality when i shoot wide open with a shooter? that would lead to more consistent shooting open
Then lower the difficulty. Dont complain about it being too tough when you're playing on HOF.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2015, 03:46 PM   #51
Pro

I love the shooting. This better not change for Offline
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 03:54 PM   #52
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Just had an epic game where I shot 57 percent from 3 with the Knicks.

I made a few contested 3s as well. I'm not seeing these low percentages unless I'm playing an outright chucker.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:13 PM   #53
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

SMH missing WIDE OPEN shots with shooters again

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Read my responses to coach in this thread with regards to shooting success and human error on the sticks. You even admit that as you get use to it, you'll get better. Rim out or not, human error on the sticks come into play. Yes, curry makes a lot of his shots, but what we're trying to do in 2k16 is time his shot release correctly. If we're off half a millisecond, that could throw off the shot completely. If we don't push the analog stick enough, even a smidgen, the shot could be off. It comes down to user error. How do you explain me hitting 80% of Harrison Barnes outside open shot and consecutive shots back to back to back from the outside.

Basically you are admitting that everyone needs to have a 'perfect release' with 'A+ shot quality' in order to make a shot.

But that's not the case, in real-life.
Jordan, or Bird could drop 30+ points with 2 or 3 defenders smothering them.

A lot of those shots they took are not 'A+ quality'. They might be C+, or D quality, but they still went in.

A half a millisecond should not throw off a shot completely. That's the point some folks are making.

A 97% release should go in the bucket, because even Curry doesn't have a 100% release every time he lets it fly... But it still goes in.

This is where the debate lies.

Human error means you are not doing everything 100% perfect.... But some folks believe..... We shouldn't have to, in order to make a shot... Because the NBA Pros don't do everything 100% perfect either.

If Curry can still hit shots that are 97% accurate with a B or C rating.... So should I.... But that's not happening. Those shots are rimming out.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:51 PM   #54
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by john _wall
IMO even real NBA players are not that sharpshooters on threes.

Based on NBA 3PT% stats:

Korver - 49%
Curry - 44%
Thompson - 43%

I watched tons of nba games last season and I noticed that Korver will miss some open shots as well. I think nba 2k16 is much better compared to 2k15 due to shooting difficulty.

In nba 2k15, Otto Porter is like Reggie Miller and I didn't enjoy it.
here's your issue, the OP said when he's WIDE OPEN and other people are playing zone. Leaving his shooters WIIIIIIDE OPEN.

the reason korver is 49% is because he's almost never left WIDE open over and over again. and he has to run around screens to shake his guy. its harder to shoot on the move then it is to get a kick out and be wide open and just shoot practice 3's. Kyle is probably a 70% 3pt shooter with no one on him. maybe even more so. when i say no one. i mean no one close and he didnt have to come off a screen or dribble first. just catch and chuck.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:52 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeloNYK7
A lot of you offline players are not playing the game on HOF or SIM so u dont understand the frustrations. I have the shot feedback on so I see the shot quality. WIDE OPEN shots, B- B C C-, slight late, slight early, missing with great shooters. Even FTs, great shooters missing a lot of FTs on slightly early or late. I don't want want to make every wide open shot thats the mistake u guys are assuming. But can i at least get a A or A- quality when i shoot wide open with a shooter? that would lead to more consistent shooting open
This. Klay Thompson in the corner wide open and I get a B-? Lol come on. I MIGHT get two perfect release shots a game. So that can't be the key to all shooting success.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 04:54 PM   #56
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pack4life69
Then lower the difficulty. Dont complain about it being too tough when you're playing on HOF.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
now you do have a point. i will never play on HOF. hate that fake stuff where they have you blowing layups just to correct the overal end game FG% to be more realistic. thats not SIM ball. thats fake sim ball. you are artificially messing with my wide open shots and layups to make me miss so at the end of each game we can say "see we shot a legit nba fg%"

to shoot a legit nba fg%. both of you (you vs a human or cpu) need to play solid defense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »