Home

MyLeague team sim stats are a REAL concern

This is a discussion on MyLeague team sim stats are a REAL concern within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
MyLeague team sim stats are a REAL concern

I've seen several sims where over 23 teams were averaging over 100 points a game (!) when only 15 teams did this in 2014-2015. It's all a byproduct of the insane, breakneck pace the teams are playing at. Lowest pace I saw one sim was 98. Switching every teams aggression to "Play Physical Defense" does bring the number of teams averaging over 100 down to around 10-12ish but the highest team field goal percentage you'll get as a result of this is a paltry 43 percent. Changing the offensive tempo to "Patient Offense" for every team effectively seems to allow only one team (usually Atlanta) to average over 100 a game, so I guess we can call that overkill as well. The question is, I guess, is can we solve this riddle or is it just gonna need patching? I guess I could do mass roster edits but........aint nobody got time for all that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 01:58 PM   #2
Rookie

dmankey1's Arena

Re: MyLeague team sim stats are a REAL concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SiegHeil88
I've seen several sims where over 23 teams were averaging over 100 points a game (!) when only 15 teams did this in 2014-2015. It's all a byproduct of the insane, breakneck pace the teams are playing at. Lowest pace I saw one sim was 98. Switching every teams aggression to "Play Physical Defense" does bring the number of teams averaging over 100 down to around 10-12ish but the highest team field goal percentage you'll get as a result of this is a paltry 43 percent. Changing the offensive tempo to "Patient Offense" for every team effectively seems to allow only one team (usually Atlanta) to average over 100 a game, so I guess we can call that overkill as well. The question is, I guess, is can we solve this riddle or is it just gonna need patching? I guess I could do mass roster edits but........aint nobody got time for all that.
Do you play any of the games? Or is it all sim? I ask because I play my games on 5 min qt and use the convert feature to reflect 12 min qt stats. By doing this, I obviously get some high scoring games (120-135 is common) which means I'm scoring 50-55 ppg. It's not very difficult to score 12-14 per qt using 5 min qt. I've played around with using 6 min qt thinking the extra time could offset the stats with dimishing returns on points but no luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #3
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

So what's the point of this thread? You say stats are a real problem but you posted the root of the solution. Not every team runs the same tempo of offense. You need a few high tempo teams mixed in with a lot of slow to average tempo to get realistic results.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:03 PM   #4
Rookie

cbpo's Arena

Yeah it's the pace the simulated team's play at, Try average tempo.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:05 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmankey1
Do you play any of the games? Or is it all sim? I ask because I play my games on 5 min qt and use the convert feature to reflect 12 min qt stats. By doing this, I obviously get some high scoring games (120-135 is common) which means I'm scoring 50-55 ppg. It's not very difficult to score 12-14 per qt using 5 min qt. I've played around with using 6 min qt thinking the extra time could offset the stats with dimishing returns on points but no luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I've mostly running the sims to see what they produce, however, when I do play, insanely high scores are also a problem in game as well, on 12 minute quarters. It all stems from the pace the teams play with because I'm sure anyone whose played the game yet can tell you that the cpu in game plays at an almost unreal speed, it's literally 7 seconds or less basketball every game with tons of fast breaking. If 2k can dial the pace back just a tad, then the sim stats should be all the better.

I tried bumping up defensive awareness in game for CPU and USER to 100 and help defense to 100 as well and I finally saw a score under 100. That's only one game, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 02:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
So what's the point of this thread? You say stats are a real problem but you posted the root of the solution. Not every team runs the same tempo of offense. You need a few high tempo teams mixed in with a lot of slow to average tempo to get realistic results.
That's too artificial a solution. I don't want to have to cherry pick who gets to average over 100 a game and who doesn't. That is literally how marked a difference you'll see between patient and average tempo. It's almost like picking who will go to the playoffs and who will not. Trust me, the average tempo teams will completely OWN the league.

My point is:

1. Sim stats out of box are a problem.

2. I found some workarounds, but they are inadequate.

3. Therefore, the solution is still at large, as my workarounds were lacking.

Last edited by Hengist; 09-29-2015 at 02:25 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:17 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbpo
Yeah it's the pace the simulated team's play at, Try average tempo.
Average tempo is the default setting for every teams offensive pace. Average tempo is the root of 23+ teams averaging 100 a game.
Old 09-29-2015, 03:19 PM   #8
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88SiegHeil88
That's too artificial a solution. I don't want to have to cherry pick who gets to average over 100 a game and who doesn't. That is literally how marked a difference you'll see between patient and average tempo. It's almost like picking who will go to the playoffs and who will not. Trust me, the average tempo teams will completely OWN the league.

My point is:

1. Sim stats out of box are a problem.

2. I found some workarounds, but they are inadequate.

3. Therefore, the solution is still at large, as my workarounds were lacking.
When the entire league is scaled, there isn't a huge difference between average and patient teams (for sim). And average tempo doesn't guarantee getting into the playoffs... there's another side of the ball called defense. Just trying to help & show you that there is a viable way to make stats realistic.

Sim stats are never 100% correct out of the box. That doesn't mean there are fundamental issues with the way the game is producing stats during simulation. When I set a player in past games to 99 in block, they'd be fortunate to average 2 a game. That's a core issue that can't be fixed or tweaked by the user. Tempo is not like this. There is a way to tweak this to your liking. Whether you have time for it or not is a whole different case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »