Home

Anyone else thinks My Park has toughen up?

This is a discussion on Anyone else thinks My Park has toughen up? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 12:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Anyone else thinks My Park has toughen up?

Today was my first game day. I played 2K15 all year, had 15 point games in every three parks, could fool a lot of people and could take over a game. But I find it pretty tough to get wins or even score right now in 2K16. Maybe it's just an accustoming issue or I just hadn't lots of great teams yet with my lousy shirt icon. But I love the new game! I didn't see any cheese today and I love the 2 and 3 points, because I always had a stronger midrange game. On top of that, I wanted to focus on enjoying the game more this year anyway, be more of a playmaker and leave the grimness behind.

The only thing that really sucks for me is that 2K took away my Pro Hop. That midrange rabbit jump was my go-to move, lol.

Post away your first impressions!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 12:25 AM   #2
Rookie

sschevyridah's Arena

Re: Anyone else thinks My Park has toughen up?

I probably played park about ten times in 2K15 and in this one I think I've played about 40 games already. I have to say its the most enjoyable mode for me right now. I'm a big MyGM and MyTeam player but MyPark and MyCareer has gotten most of my attention the last 4 days. The Park is tough and I really enjoy the fact that even through its a arcade mode that there is more realism this year that kept me coming back for more.
Old 09-30-2015, 12:53 AM   #3
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

My park is fun but I've come to the realization that I need to spend some cash. I am no where good enough to compete with my 63 rated pg against all the 85 rated players on there now. I wanted to smash my controller,ps4 and tv in to little bits last night after a couple games. I just do not have the patience or time to build him up so cash it is I guess.

The other thing I hate but I get why it is what it is, the squad section for got next. Nothing is worse than waiting for 10 minutes to play then having a squad swoop in last second and get the next game.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #4
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Get a squad then.... Lol playing with randoms is pretty terrible usually.

I love this mode, but i disagree that it's hard to compete against the higher rated players because most guys went outside scoring. I'm inside scorer and my dunk is at 70 now and even at 6'3 I'm able to penetrate and dish to open shooters pretty well. Also having a good big is essential. I'm running pick and rolls with uncanny success this year and even if i just get it inside to him he can usually get his own buckets.
Old 09-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #5
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

Lol me and my friend are both just grinding myCareer to get our players up and it's actually working really good; I'm up to 76 and he's at 78. When your overall gets up there, park is gonna be super fun for us. Park is a gear mode this year: it hardened over last year. So I wouldn't advise playing park rn if you have a low overall. Don't spend money lol

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 09:32 AM   #6
Rookie

Wolf Ticket's Arena

It's definitely tougher, I went on a massive streak when I found some decent team mates but majority of my L's come from playing with team mates still trying to play like it's 2k15, so frustrating...gotta use your team mates this year, that ball hogging garbage ain't gonna work.

I am angry that the 'hold B/O while in the paint to avoid getting boxed out' is still in there.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
It's definitely tougher, I went on a massive streak when I found some decent team mates but majority of my L's come from playing with team mates still trying to play like it's 2k15, so frustrating...gotta use your team mates this year, that ball hogging garbage ain't gonna work.

I am angry that the 'hold B/O while in the paint to avoid getting boxed out' is still in there.
Doesn't really work tho. Only way to get boards consistently is ratings and badges. My buddy beasts those dudes a lot.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:21 AM   #8
Rookie

I'm all star 2 already and I can honestly say park has been completely revamped. You can no longer take over games by yourself and it's necessary to play team ball to win. For this reason it's actually hard to win without a good squad that is willing to pass and not play selfish individual play. If you have this type of team you almost never lose though. It's a good change in my opinion.

GT: I Taught James

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »