Home

Non-icon passing is absolutely terrible.

This is a discussion on Non-icon passing is absolutely terrible. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #1
Banned

Kobrakai's Arena

OVR: 0
Non-icon passing is absolutely terrible.

This was one of the things I was really hoping they would give some love, trying to run an offense as a PG is enough of an exercise in frustration as it is, let alone when you're trying to pass quickly and instead of going to the guy right next to you you throw it across the court to a random teammate and get it intercepted.

Passing in general is still clunky as hell, especially bounce passes that for some reason cause your guy to pause or stop before throwing them thus defeating the purpose of momentum.

Anyone else frustrated with passing in 2K16?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Non-icon passing is absolutely terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobrakai
This was one of the things I was really hoping they would give some love, trying to run an offense as a PG is enough of an exercise in frustration as it is, let alone when you're trying to pass quickly and instead of going to the guy right next to you you throw it across the court to a random teammate and get it intercepted.

Passing in general is still clunky as hell, especially bounce passes that for some reason cause your guy to pause or stop before throwing them thus defeating the purpose of momentum.

Anyone else frustrated with passing in 2K16?
I feel that happens more in 2k16 than in any other 2k in recent history.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Honestly, I think the passing in 2k16 is the best passing of any basketball game I've ever played.

I never find myself thinking "Which combinations of button presses is going to give me the pass that I want?"

Ive gotten pretty good at it at this point. A pass going to the wrong guy maybe happens to me once every 3 games.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #4
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

He's right about the non-icon passing though, even if you try to "aim" the directional pass to the right guy, there's no telling who the ball is going to go to, at least in 2K16. Never had that problem in 2000+ Jordan Rec games in 2K15.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 09-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #5
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

So I'm not the only one who throws lob passes to the opposite corner instead of throwing it to the post? lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 04:24 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 3

Go into controller settings and change the passing from default to directional. It was one of the best additions to the game
Old 09-30-2015, 04:25 PM   #7
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
Ive gotten pretty good at it at this point. A pass going to the wrong guy maybe happens to me once every 3 games.
quite frankly, I don't believe this

there are times when I've pressed my stick left to pass to the guy next to me and it goes to somebody on the right side of the court

I've kind of gave up on them figuring out non-icon passing though....I kind of feel like it isn't possible for them to do accurately or they would have gotten it by now
Old 09-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #8
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

We said this on the pod today, passing needs to be re-thought in this series. I think it needs to be consolidated (where you tap a button for a lob, double tap for a bounce, and hold for a chest pass) so that you can control your passes while using icon passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »