Home

Need tips for getting off mid range jumpers after beating defender

This is a discussion on Need tips for getting off mid range jumpers after beating defender within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 07:43 PM   #9
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need tips for getting off mid range jumpers after beating defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
I don't see what you mean in that video. You had a layup but you shot a jumper instead.
because i'm intentionally trying to get mid range jumpers off the dribble because they seem practically impossible at times

do you not how the defender is completely behind me but I still get a D grade on the shot?

and yea 24th....would love to see some videos

want to see them off the dribble and not off catching a pass
Old 09-30-2015, 07:57 PM   #10
Pro

the defender was behind you but still like right on your back, it's still hard to hit shots with the defense riding your back you need a tad bit more separation man
Old 09-30-2015, 08:06 PM   #11
Rookie

That's why you rarely see clean pull ups after iso in the NBA, unless the defense is horrible. There's not gonna be a lot of room even if you beat your man, unless he's very slow.

If you don't see it IRL, why should you in the game? You need a bigger mismatch in order to pull off clean shots. Try vs a big first, against a guard will be too much of a stretch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 09:21 PM   #12
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

Use the jumpers that require left stick and X/Square. I cant remember what they are called.

Also, put big centers who drop into paint in pick and rolls. Duncan/Bogut etc drop back. Get around the screen and you're open a lot. Real basketball.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 4

If yall figure this out please Pm me or something. It has become a pain using the Heat and cant get anything off with Wade or Dragic. I can knock down a ton with Lou, Bosh and Amare but nothing consistent with Wade or Dragic. Outside of swinging the ball a million times.

Wierd thing though. I can dominate with Stuckey but not with Wade. They are virtually the same player.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:48 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
If yall figure this out please Pm me or something. It has become a pain using the Heat and cant get anything off with Wade or Dragic. I can knock down a ton with Lou, Bosh and Amare but nothing consistent with Wade or Dragic. Outside of swinging the ball a million times.

Wierd thing though. I can dominate with Stuckey but not with Wade. They are virtually the same player.

Man there are some funky releases and Dragic is one of them...I can't get that dude going for anything...even when I get a wide open shot....

I hope they look at making releases make a bit more sense....I'm not asking for easier shooting but it doesn't feel right at the moment for certainty guys..

Here's some clips form my last game....one thing I try to do is set the pick from further out for more space....next clip I waited to see how he would attack the P&R, crossed....and missed lol

Also I try to make sure my feet are set...they will give you more leeway on your shot grade if you do

https://vid.me/UtLO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2015, 11:09 PM   #15
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
I don't see what you mean in that video. You had a layup but you shot a jumper instead.
In a 5v5 situation that short midrange would probably be the best look unless he passed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 09:17 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
In a 5v5 situation that short midrange would probably be the best look unless he passed
This year with CP3 I'd say the best look would still be the layup. More often than not you'll get a foul.

Floaters work as well, just saying. The pull up in that situation is the worst look you can choose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »