Home

coaches retiring and players becoming coaches

This is a discussion on coaches retiring and players becoming coaches within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 12:51 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: coaches retiring and players becoming coaches

Thanks leftos, really great feedback. Itd be really great if we could overide retirements more than once, for players and coache.
Old 10-03-2015, 10:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: coaches retiring and players becoming coaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
We haven't been hush hush on how players become coaches. I don't remember where exactly, but I recently mentioned how the most determining factor is something we internally call the Hall Of Fame Score, which is determined by career stats and accomplishments. The more of an impact a player had in the league, the bigger the probability he becomes a coach.

Coaches aren't retiring because they're being pushed out by players becoming coaches. Players become coaches if and when slots open up. We queue up the ones we think are worth it and they eventually get a spot.

The amount of coaches retiring is something we can tone down. It is based on a probability based on their years of service in the league. Some late corrections to those numbers threw off the scale, and retirements are happening more than we'd like. We're looking into potential fixes.

In the meantime, I believe that you can override coach retirements in MyLEAGUE by pressing X/Square on a given coach in that screen.
Does this take into account stats for Classic Team Players?

Like if I put Jordan, Olajuwon, Ewing, Pippen in the Free Agent Pool, would they retire and become coaches? Or even a player like Eric Snow or Robert Horry?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »