Home

More Unique Pre-Set Heads For Those Who Don't Use Face Scan :(

This is a discussion on More Unique Pre-Set Heads For Those Who Don't Use Face Scan :( within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

OVR: 0
More Unique Pre-Set Heads For Those Who Don't Use Face Scan :(

Absolutely enjoying this outstanding game, but I just wish there were more unique preset faces for those of us who do not use face scan. Even in the Park, so many of the 'myplayer' faces look the same since so many of us are using the preset faces. Please 2K if you have the time can you add more unique preset faces.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #2
Pro

Scvllp's Arena

Re: More Unique Pre-Set Heads For Those Who Don't Use Face Scan :(

The game literally has a tool to where you can sculpt the face. If people took the time to use it all of their faces would t look the same.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:44 PM   #3
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scvllp
The game literally has a tool to where you can sculpt the face. If people took the time to use it all of their faces would t look the same.
Yes this is true. I use this a lot. However, I feel the editing tool doesn't do much. I have tried basically everything to make the preset faces look different but in the end they always still look the same. It's great we change width and height of a lot of things on the face but still no matter how much you change, its impossible to give the preset face a different unique look. I played around with the tool for hours and hours. Even playing around with the different skin colors. I just don't like it. It's way too limited.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:11 PM   #4
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

The face I edited looks nothing like the presets imo. Not even close actually. I think they could look better, but I'm more satisfied with my face this year over last year

Sent from a network powered by a hamster and a wheel using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 12:01 AM   #5
Pro

RLebron12's Arena

OVR: 1

I think they should add more features to make people look different. Like more facial hair selections...the beards they offer are horrible. A lot of the hair choices and facial hair choices are more for ethnic hair. Why can't I have a beard like Valanciunas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps.” -Willie Mays (The Say Hey Kid)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 01:42 AM   #6
Rookie

I agree that it's impossible to create two faces that look entirely different. The presets should determine what you can and can't do - as it is, you can make the same exact face from two wildly different presets. Since all faces created in the CAP follow the same rules, they're inherently similar. But there are bigger issues - most facial animations look downright terrible on created players. And while a face may look decent inside the CAP engine, once you get it on the court, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

The scanned player CFs are so good this year, and it's rendered the CAP engine, at least for me, unusable. I understand why customization is important but I preferred the approach used in NBA 2k14, and I agreed with the sentiment behind that approach: with these next-gen scanned faces on real players, they wanted MyPlayers to have that same quality. So why not give us both? They had the perfect opportunity this year to include the default Frequency Vibrations as a playable character - they already provided the story with little to no customization, why not add the face to the mix?
Old 10-01-2015, 02:48 AM   #7
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLebron12
I think they should add more features to make people look different. Like more facial hair selections...the beards they offer are horrible. A lot of the hair choices and facial hair choices are more for ethnic hair. Why can't I have a beard like Valanciunas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ck3n
I agree that it's impossible to create two faces that look entirely different. The presets should determine what you can and can't do - as it is, you can make the same exact face from two wildly different presets. Since all faces created in the CAP follow the same rules, they're inherently similar. But there are bigger issues - most facial animations look downright terrible on created players. And while a face may look decent inside the CAP engine, once you get it on the court, it sticks out like a sore thumb.

The scanned player CFs are so good this year, and it's rendered the CAP engine, at least for me, unusable. I understand why customization is important but I preferred the approach used in NBA 2k14, and I agreed with the sentiment behind that approach: with these next-gen scanned faces on real players, they wanted MyPlayers to have that same quality. So why not give us both? They had the perfect opportunity this year to include the default Frequency Vibrations as a playable character - they already provided the story with little to no customization, why not add the face to the mix?

Exactly ....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »