Home

Shot Fake in the paint?

This is a discussion on Shot Fake in the paint? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 06:23 PM   #1
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Shot Fake in the paint?

Can anyone explain me how to do a shot fake inside the paint? Many times I drive to the basket and want to get the defender in the air by doing a shot fake. But nearly every time (>90%), my player just goes up for a layup (and misses because of the defender I want to get in the air).

I'm using the shot button for doing this. Any other way, I might miss? Outside of the paint, I don't have any problems with doing a shot fake.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #2
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Re: Shot Fake in the paint?

It's just another one of those "control" things that just doesn't work.

A lot of other things aren't consistent either, like trying to do 3 consecutive jab steps. 9/10 times you get a shot fake.

Hopefully we will see more improvements next time around, but while they have made some nice strides control wise this year, there's some inconsistencies still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #3
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Do you mean under the basket or driving to the basket? I make a living of shot faking under the basket in teamup. If you don't you get swatted every time.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #4
MVP

jk31's Arena

I guess most of the time it's while driving and being at the point, where you could jump up for the layup.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:42 PM   #5
Pro

MrBallaBoy21's Arena

OVR: 8

Hmm, well I haven't tried to pump fake out of a regular driving layup but I know that if you do a hop step or spin gather and don't hold it down to finish you will get a pump fake animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 09:11 AM   #6
MVP

jk31's Arena

Mhm nope, as soon as there is contact with a defender, the player will try to finish the layup, no matter what I press... Really annoying. Especially in a fastbreak situation, where there are athletic shotblockers going for the chasedown. In those situations I love to just fake the shot and take them to flight school...
Old 10-02-2015, 12:09 PM   #7
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

The only way you can pump fake would be after the hop, or you would have to come to complete stop first which obviously wouldn't be a smart move on a fast break.

Tapping the shot button while driving is the hop gather, unless you double tap to do the spin layup. Honestly, I would recommend doing a spin layup instead. It'll give you the separation needed to finish the layup, and most human defenders will jump as a soon as you go into the spin animation.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:13 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
It's just another one of those "control" things that just doesn't work.

A lot of other things aren't consistent either, like trying to do 3 consecutive jab steps. 9/10 times you get a shot fake.

Hopefully we will see more improvements next time around, but while they have made some nice strides control wise this year, there's some inconsistencies still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you have to hold LT at the same time to perform any dribble threat moves. I never have any problems with attempting multiple threat moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »