Home

missed layups

This is a discussion on missed layups within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2015, 02:38 PM   #73
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: missed layups

I have to agree on missed dunks though....I've missed some wide open dunks just be jade someone was in the general area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-02-2015, 04:39 PM   #74
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
People just don't want to miss shots lol. NBA players even blow wide open fast break layups sometimes. Brandon Knight missed one to win a game last year and you guys want to make contested layups even with bad players at a consistent clip? smh.
you said it right. SOMETIMES. not A LOT. Thats the difference. i'm blowing layups left and right in my career .with a guy that is already an inside scoring guard, thats 6'5 with a super long reach, overal is at 88. my athleticism and inside scoring is maxed out. there is ZERO excuse to miss layups like it does. Just like there's no excuse to miss so many wide open 3's even when released darn near perfect.

What 2k has done is what hall of fame mode does which is why i hate playing on that setting. this is forcing you to blow layups and miss wide open shots making sure no matter how hot you get, you never stay hot too long. so as to keep your fg%'s down into what they deem a realistic fg% for a game. to me thats not sim. the stats are sim. but the actual game being played isnt. you're artificially deflating my stats. if the defense leaves me wide open and i have a pretty darn good 3pt setup, and i'm darn near hitting perfect each time. that baby better go in at minimum 60% of the time. right now it goes in like 40% of the time. even when wide open. thats not real. that fg% of a guy like kyle korver is made up of open looks, running around screens, off the dribble, and being guarded. the open looks thing has not been analyzed yet. at least not to my knowledge. open meaning he was standing there feet set with a guy 5 feet away. WIDE OPEN. korver will splash that three 80% of the time.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #75
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I have to agree on missed dunks though....I've missed some wide open dunks just be jade someone was in the general area

this is an old 2kssue from way way back in the day i noticed while playing. i realized that guys with high stats in the block categories would automatically bring down your shooting percentage(even without going for a block or approaching the guy). as long as they were in the vicinity. like 5 feet away is close enough. you would brick layups left and right unless your guys inside scoring was 99 or something crazy.

but the funny thing in 2k16 you're blowing layups and dunks at times when there is no big man around. just some small guy and you still blow it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2015, 04:50 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
What's the definition of insanity? At some point, you just have change your game plan and recognize that the game engine is what it is. Either you adapt or you don't. Defensive minded players had to deal with the overpowered offense for years, but you can't change your mentality and approach about your shot attempts?
this mentality will have us set back for years in gaming if everyone thought like this. "oh well it is what it is."

nope, i paid my money. and therefore i reserve the right to explain something i dont think is realistic or should be corrected in this installment not 2k17. THIS ONE.

if you want to just "take it" fine by you. that is your decision and i dont fault YOU for it. But i would have to ask, why post in a thread like this if you think that way? I really would like to know.

See there's one thing to post in here and say guys i know what you're talking about so here's how you remedy the issue even while still going up for dunks/layups, etc. perhaps there's a certain way you shoud hold the right stick. could be something else.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:35 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 3

Has anyone here not seen iman shumpert play

Dude misses layups all the time. It can happen to anyone
Old 10-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #78
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobethelegend
this mentality will have us set back for years in gaming if everyone thought like this. "oh well it is what it is."

nope, i paid my money. and therefore i reserve the right to explain something i dont think is realistic or should be corrected in this installment not 2k17. THIS ONE.

if you want to just "take it" fine by you. that is your decision and i dont fault YOU for it. But i would have to ask, why post in a thread like this if you think that way? I really would like to know.

See there's one thing to post in here and say guys i know what you're talking about so here's how you remedy the issue even while still going up for dunks/layups, etc. perhaps there's a certain way you shoud hold the right stick. could be something else.
My point is that there's this misconception where people think ESPN highlights are the norm for a NBA video game. The common theme for most of these complaints are people are upset about the results, but they're not taking the time to analyze the steps they took to get there. Another theme is that people have the chance to practice to get better, use the advice being offered, or sliders to change the outcome of their actions, but they don't want to. The final theme is that some people are playing at a level that's above their stick skills.

Now, you're saying you're missing open layups left and right. In my mind, that makes you an outliner to this "problem". If you're missing that often, then I stop questioning the game, and I begin to wonder about the stick skills of the individual.

Based on what you're saying, it just sounds like your shot selection needs some work. Also, it sounds like you're wanting an arcade experience while playing on the highest level possible. Either you want a challenge, or you don't. Which is it?

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 10-02-2015 at 05:55 PM.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:57 PM   #79
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19

Use the mid air adjustment if you get met. It works.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:58 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Either you want a challenge, or you don't. Which is it?
What is it with this guy? Lol. Gimme a break.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »