Home

missed layups

This is a discussion on missed layups within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 09:07 PM   #33
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: missed layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
Waaaaaaaay to many missed layups. I finally figured out how to blow by the defender but once I do I brick most of the layups ....it's madness lol. I know it can't be because of the d can it? I mean sure going in the whole with 2 or more defenders may cause a missed layup but going against one guy down low who isn't even the 5 or 4 and still missing layups is just wild. Can some help a brotha out? Lol thanks in advance .
i agree with you. i got people like rondo missing point blank layups because someone contested (really fouls) from behind.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:08 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peninc
Your idea of what constitutes "consistently" and what "makes sense" is different from mine and seems to be different from most on these forums. But ok man, bump up your sliders and be at peace.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
"Bump up" my sliders in Head 2 Head, online ranked? How does that work exactly? Don't reply to my posts if you aren't paying attention to the argument I'm presenting. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:34 PM   #35
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
here is a vid of Tarik Black shooting a wide open layup off the side of the backboard

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=15cx...8#.Vg3OxXqrSUk

straight up shaqtin' a fool material
I don't consider that a missed layup, I consider that a flaw in the contextual animation.

He didn't miss the LAYUP, he missed the entire court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 10:07 PM   #36
Banned

Funny, I was thinking contested layups are actually more successful than in years past, maybe it's because im playing on Pro? I also know it depends on the player contested shot rating, never drive to the hole with players like JJ Reddick unless its wide open.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamer94
Funny, I was thinking contested layups are actually more successful than in years past, maybe it's because im playing on Pro? I also know it depends on the player contested shot rating, never drive to the hole with players like JJ Reddick unless its wide open.
Funny enough, JJ Reddick is the one that I keep seeing chase down block John Wall. Refer to my earlier post.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #38
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Videos would back your complaints.....u come off as whiney to me and I'm neutral in the convo.......I personally have not seen missed wide open layups but I do brick alot of wide open jump shots but so do most nba players.....the realism of basketball has thrown off people who just play video games

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Videos would back your complaints.....u come off as whiney to me and I'm neutral in the convo.......I personally have not seen missed wide open layups but I do brick alot of wide open jump shots but so do most nba players.....the realism of basketball has thrown off people who just play video games

Nice strawman. I've played ball for years. I don't care how I come across to you. Who are you? Why should I care? I'm talking to 2K and people that know what they're talking about. So, don't bother replying with your foolishness. Thank you.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:39 PM   #40
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVet1978
Nice strawman. I've played ball for years. I don't care how I come across to you. Who are you? Why should I care? I'm talking to 2K and people that know what they're talking about. So, don't bother replying with your foolishness. Thank you.
Lmao.....salty much?..... u think 2k cares what you say about their game that is a consensus masterpiece? Get real guy......you're he only one who looks like they don't know what their talking about......go cry where actual basketball fans don't have to read it

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »