Home

missed layups

This is a discussion on missed layups within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2015, 10:40 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: missed layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by prestwood90
Lmao.....salty much?..... u think 2k cares what you say about their game that is a consensus masterpiece? Get real guy......you're he only one who looks like they don't know what their talking about......go cry where actual basketball fans don't have to read it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Go away. Please. Just, go away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #42
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I think it's a valid point that it could use VERY minor tweaking. I don't want 2K to start going too much towards arcade nation though

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 10-01-2015, 10:56 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

I agree with the OP. I wish you can change sliders in MyCareer. My player blows about 70% of open layups, my team misses a high percentage of open shots. And every team I play against gets and ones all the freaking time. I remember I was playing the Bulls and nothing I did would stop Jimmy Butler, he went up for a dunk, I was I. Front of him, I literally ran into him and there was no adjustment. Where as with me, I could have the first step to an open lane blow past a guy and suddenly he's beside me making contact. It's unrealistic.

My team constantly shoots at 38%, my guy is a sharpshooter and misses all of the time. Especially wide open shots. I understand it's harder to score, I'm not complaining about that, I shouldn't be able to score 50 any night like 2k15. I'm just saying I should be shooting 30% every night, even with most of my looks being good looks.

I always get accomplishments saying I take great shots, it's just hard when I'm constantly 8/24 shooting. Which I have to do because my team sucks.

And they really need to remove the pump faking on wide open catches the cpu does.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:09 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Consistently making layups in crowds of people is unrealistic....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And superstar players missing easy dunks and layups with little to no contact is also pretty unrealistic. my big men are are literally missing easy two handed dunks 2 to 3 times per game.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:16 PM   #45
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I would also agree that posting videos showing all of the wide open layups that are being missed if your best bet.

No disrespect to you but people exaggerate all the time. I don't think 90% of this forum knows what wide open is. So just show us multiple videos of this happening.

But the bigger issue is the game hasn't been out for 8 days and instead of people giving themselves time to get better and understand the nuances, folks are asking things to be changed.

Learn the game fellas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 11:22 PM   #46
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30

After trying the whole opposite side the defender is on whole thing that 24 suggested I'm making more but it still just feels off. But I'm cool with it, it just forces me to run more plays to create more space in order to up my chances of making those layups ...in a way it fun and challenging that way, and if this is what it takes to cut down on all the crazy stuff that use to go on online I'm cool with it because online has been great this year ...so far lol
Old 10-01-2015, 11:30 PM   #47
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBallaBoy21
People just don't want to miss shots lol. NBA players even blow wide open fast break layups sometimes. Brandon Knight missed one to win a game last year and you guys want to make contested layups even with bad players at a consistent clip? smh.

That's my thinking as well. In years past I would say there was too many easy shots missed near the basket, but its improved this year too years past. I have noticed some games it does seem to be a lot of close shot missed than in other games, but that happens IRL too. IMO this has been improved quite a bit on compared to the past couple years.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-02-2015, 01:38 AM   #48
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
Waaaaaaaay to many missed layups. I finally figured out how to blow by the defender but once I do I brick most of the layups ....it's madness lol. I know it can't be because of the d can it? I mean sure going in the whole with 2 or more defenders may cause a missed layup but going against one guy down low who isn't even the 5 or 4 and still missing layups is just wild. Can some help a brotha out? Lol thanks in advance .
Play NBA 2k14 and you'll come to appreciate what happens in 2k16. The majority of 2k14 lay ups with a surrounding defender is pretty much an automatic miss. You see animations play out around the rim in 2k14, and you immediately know that it's a miss. You'd be lucky to get any makes, and it be rare for 2k14 and1s.

2k16 is much more balanced. And ones are present. Contact no call makes are present. Never know if the ball will go in or out until it actually happens in 2k16. Absolutely loving it.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »